Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Seems that Beale is also not the great training ground coach people thought he was ether,  the fitness and conditioning of the squad is minging, think we all done Gerrard a disservice giving that wee wanker Beale any credit for 55 

God knows who knew what they were doing during 55. Both Gerrard and Beale have shown since to be pretty clueless.

Gary McAllister the unsung hero.

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

Watched his press conference today and I’m getting more and more confident that he’ll be a success here with us. Not sure why but just have a feeling he’s what we’ve been looking for. Total opposite feeling that I had to Beale.

Same here, may take a bit of time and will improve once he can get rid of the chancers currently here and improve the squad. Gives me a good feeling.

33 minutes ago, DavieMacRFC said:

I love his reaction to some questions and how he doesn't pussyfoot around the media, seems like he is clued in the players that are underachieving  and what's going wrong, I'm fully on the Clement train.

Gonny no do that pal 

On 30/10/2023 at 16:10, BigDak said:

I think you've maybe answered your own question there.

Dessers and Lammers have done nothing to even suggest anyone would be interested in taking them away in January. Nobody is going to come in and buy these guys in January - anyone who even suggests that is mental - and we don't have the money and/or haven't identified replacements.

So I think he needs to try and get these guys playing and playing well, which they're not going to do rotting on a bench. If Dessers is really a confidence player then he's maybe keeping with him in the hope that game comes along where it all clicks into place and he kicks on from there.

The best managers try to get something out of those who are under performing.  I’m with you, in that I think he will try to get something from them that perhaps we haven’t seen yet.

2 hours ago, beararse said:

I’d say that press conference is pretty damning in regards to our recent managers.. More so by what he didn’t explicitly say than what he actually said.

There is something about this guy that makes me think we are in VERY good hands.

There might just be too little for him to work with to achieve real results this season but I expect us to be an entirely different proposition next season.

You wouldn’t want to mess with him. He has a way about him that reminds me so much of Walter Smith…plus the accent makes him sound like a member of the Stasi.

Wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of this again neither :lol:

There seemed to be talk that pre-season after the Europa final hadn’t been all that intense (for good reason, if true, having gone as deep into that season as we possibly could and resulting risk of burning players out).

All the talk this pre-season seemed to be about fitness and ‘getting minutes into legs’, at the expense of settling any style, patterns & getting the new players integrated.

So we end up with a squad with questionable fitness and the look of a pub team that met 5 new players in the car park.

Clement seems to have identified the problems quickly enough and has managed some decent results while beginning to address them.

Just hope the injury tide starts to turn soon, so he’s got the resource to continue getting results, while addressing the underlying issues.

4 hours ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Clear interview, liked that.  Doesn't take any nonsense neither which is a bonus👍🏻 

His understanding of English is fantastic (prob better than most of us lol) - seems very intelligent and know what he wants and how to achieve it - the press ain't going to do a pedro on him that's for sure, he's puting them all in their place when he needs to.

Great signs.

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He came across really well in the press conference. Controlled the journalists and steered them towards topics he wanted to address.

Beale loved the camera and played to the gallery.

Clement plays his cards close to his chest. Keeps certain topics in-house and doesn't give the opposition clues by giving out too much info.

The snake salesman would inadverantly. divulge tactics, etc.in his eagerness to impress.

Great to have an experienced manager in at last.

I can’t remember what game it was for (it may have been the Old Firm game semi final in April) but Beale offered up a lot of critical information days in advance. 

I can remember violently swearing whilst listening to him on my iPad and the Mrs telling me to calm myself down.

Can’t see that happening under Clement.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

"Educate players what it is like to be a top professional"

Says it all. 

What a fucking mess he has inherited. Thank fuck he is here.

20231101_084829.jpg

Things like that raise huge questions for me about the medical team and Beale. Surely using Cryo whould be a given for recovery. 

Hopefully he now knows the players that are “injured” , lazy arsed in training, poor mentality, piss weak attitude. 

Hopefully he ships those players out. Can’t wait till January to see who’s who but I think we all know anyway 

they should be embarrassed as fuck hiding at our club. 

51 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Every day that Clement speaks it seems that it’s the players who have been a major part of the problem over the past 2-3 seasons. Damning that he’s subtly laying into them when asked about fitness and injuries. 

I guess this is part of the problem when you have long term players - they become very influential. Not saying this is happening at Rangers, but you need your senior players to set the standards as others will follow that. Just like any workplace you join, you see how those been there for a while are doing and you follow that.