*****The Official Motherwell vs Rangers thread*****

toolongawake

Motherwell vs Rangers. Scottish Premiership.

12:00pm, Sunday 24th December 2023.

Fir Park, live on Sky Sports.

Form

Motherwell - L D D L D D

Rangers - W W W W W W 

On to the next one with must win matches coming thick and fast, and with the squad further depleted this one will be an all hands to the pump effort.

Butland

Tav Goldson Davies Borna

Sterling King

McCausland Cantwell Matondo

Dessers

Think resting players will be to a minimum for this one as a tough away game and the lack of players to come in to the team, but fancy Sima might be given a rest and Matondo or Wright given a start.

Who partners Sterling at CM is the big one. Not sure how sharp Dowell is likely to be after playing 90mins last night so fancy it will be Souttar or King.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Butland 

Tav Goldson Balogun Barasic 

Sterling Dowell 

Mccausland Cantwell Sima

Dessers 

Reckon we'll go for Dowell with Lundstram out. 

Another 3 points to keep pressure on.

Same team for me. That’s basically the side we are looking at for parkhead aswell, which is quite tragic 

Just now, KingKirk said:

This team a running on fumes. We need the break Motherwell county kille 9 points makes parkhead a free hit. Clement is a miracle worker but he's running outta bodies 

Just win 

How does it make Parkhead a free hit? :lol:

We would drop to 5 points behind again if they won and still have the pressure of winning away at Easter Road end of January 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We would drop to 5 points behind again if they won and still have the pressure of winning away at Easter Road end of January 

I consider it a free hit in the sense that expectations of getting anything there are low given our squad status...

PC is building something really good here but with a squad so decimated by injury expectations are, to go there, give a really good account of ourselves and leave everything out on the pitch. If we come away with anything it will be a bonus.

We go in hope but not expectation this time

Just now, Bakbear said:

I consider it a free hit in the sense that expectations of getting anything there are low given our squad status...

PC is building something really good here but with a squad so decimated by injury expectations are, to go there, give a really good account of ourselves and leave everything out on the pitch. If we come away with anything it will be a bonus.

I'd really hate PC's first defeat to be to that shower.

3 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

It’s not a free hit. I’d accept a draw right now but it’s not a free hit, games against them are never free hits ffs

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

2 points in it with half a season to play. If we can't beat hibs then we have serious problems. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Weird

Aye ... maybe... Obviously never want to lose to anyone least of all them but better teams have gone to their place with an away support and come away with nothing...

A free hit to me is when you go into a match with no expectation of success... hope always... expectation not always... my levels of expectation for the 30th is that we give 100% and perform to the best of the abilities of those available to play. If we do that and come away with a defeat, the league is far from over and is still in our hands 

Anyway, understand that its very unstaunch to expect anything other than a win in the face of all the odds and circumstances.... so .... No Surrender 

41 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

This team a running on fumes. We need the break Motherwell county kille 9 points makes parkhead a free hit. Clement is a miracle worker but he's running outta bodies 

Just win 

I wouldn’t be looking at the killie game right now as it’s after the old firm. One game at a time. 

17 minutes ago, Swagger said:

2 games before the old firm - Raskin and Jack need to think about getting their fingers out of their arses and getting some game time 

Dowell, Sterling and Raskin/Jack could be decent enough 

Yeah, they’ll need to think about not being injured 🙄

Any sort of win will do, we really are down to bare bones now, big push to get us through to a much needed winter break, where the fuck is Ryan Jack surely he’s due back? if he miraculously makes the next Scotland squad his contract should be terminated on the spot. 

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Do we know when Cifuentes is due back?

Also believe we need to include one of the kids in case they’re needed for the scum game.

I’d be putting Bailey rice in the squad. I know big phil said he needs to work on things but I’d have him on the bench just Incase.