*****The Official Motherwell vs Rangers thread*****

toolongawake

20 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Butlandย 

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisicย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Sterling Dowell

McAusland Cantwell Sima

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Dessersย 

strongest side available at the moment which is pretty grim in itself, just win.ย 

Thats it for me.

Weโ€™re not good enough to be resting any players at the moment. And literally have no other option in 3 or 4 positions.ย 

16 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

The team is on its knees and we have almost no midfield and one striker. I'd be surprised if we don't drop points against Motherwell or Ross County tbh.ย 

Sunday will be a tough game, no matter how shite Motherwell are.

I donโ€™t think weโ€™ll drop points.ย 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Aye ... maybe... Obviously never want to lose to anyone least of all them but better teams have gone to their place with an away support and come away with nothing...

ย 

A free hit to me is when you go into a match with no expectation of success... hope always... expectation not always... my levels of expectation for the 30th is that we give 100% and perform to the best of the abilities of those available to play. If we do that and come away with a defeat, the league is far from over and is still in our handsย 

ย 

Anyway, understand that its very unstaunch to expect anything other than a win in the face of all the odds and circumstances.... so .... No Surrenderย 

Nah a free hit is being able to lose with it having no impact. We would go at best 5 behind and mentally it would have fucked us again to lose. Some free hitย 

I said I would accept a draw given the injuriesย 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

2 points in it with half a season to play. If we can't beat hibs then we have serious problems.ย 

It would be 5 points behind with a month before we even play Hibs, plus the mindset of not being able to take anything from them would have crept back in. Itโ€™s not a free hit in terms of being able to lose the game, itโ€™s nonsense to suggest it isย 

Just now, Essandoh said:

He took his chance last night far better than I thought at the time

Heโ€™s a superstar

Heโ€™s shite mate. Heโ€™s scored a couple of decent goals but his overall play is woeful and the amount of time he spends with his arms in the air appealing for nothing irritates me :lol:

52 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Butlandย 

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisicย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Sterling Dowell

McAusland Cantwell Sima

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Dessersย 

strongest side available at the moment which is pretty grim in itself, just win.ย 

Agree with this although thereโ€™s a case for getting McCausland and Sima off and rested if the game is going our way.

17 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Agree with this although thereโ€™s a case for getting McCausland and Sima off and rested if the game is going our way.

Can maybe rest a couple at home to Ross County but strongest team will be needed here.ย 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Same team for me. Thatโ€™s basically the side we are looking at for parkhead aswell, which is quite tragicย 

It just shows how brutal our injury record has been. It's been like this now for last 2 seasons at least.ย 

I can understand why our manager must be beyond frustrated at medical/physio departments.

2 hours ago, toolongawake said:

Butland

Tav Goldson Davies Borna

Sterling King

McCausland Cantwell Matondo

Dessers

ย 

Think resting players will be to a minimum for this one as a tough away game and the lack of players to come in to the team, but fancy Sima might be given a rest and Matondo or Wright given a start.

ย 

Who partners Sterling at CM is the big one. Not sure how sharp Dowell is likely to be after playing 90mins last night so fancy it will be Souttar or King.

I thought Dowell played well against St Johnstone.ย 

Sterling with Dowell gives me the fear.

Neither are remotely capable of controlling a game of football. And that's not their fault, neither of them are CMs and the ones we do have like Cifuentes and Lundstram aren't top drawer at it either.

In all honesty it's something we have been lacking since peak Davis, Kamara and Jack in the 55 season.ย 

3 hours ago, toolongawake said:

Butland

Tav Goldson Davies Borna

Sterling King

McCausland Cantwell Matondo

Dessers

ย 

Think resting players will be to a minimum for this one as a tough away game and the lack of players to come in to the team, but fancy Sima might be given a rest and Matondo or Wright given a start.

ย 

Who partners Sterling at CM is the big one. Not sure how sharp Dowell is likely to be after playing 90mins last night so fancy it will be Souttar or King.

Unfortunately Matondo is useless against the 5-5-0.ย 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The midfield and attacking options are grim.

It will need to be Sterling and Dowell in middle but even the 4 of Cantwell, Lammers, McCausland and Wright battling for 2 positions is dire.

Dowell, Cantwell and Sterling in midfield. Sima, Dessers, Wright/Matondo up front.ย 

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Do we reckon the gaffer doesn't rate Rice given this would be the ideal time to get him involved with the first team again with all of the injuries yet he isn't anywhere to be seen

Heโ€™s spoken about Rice in his interviews, thereโ€™s parts of his game he needs to work on before heโ€™s back with the first teamย