Rangers statement

JWAC

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Correct but that means they thought it wasn't a pen which is 100% blatant cheating... 

I have watched plenty games to know how it works. 

Process.. 

1. OK that's a penalty

2. Run it back look for a foul offside etc in the lead up ( that never happened) 

3. Oh Sima is offside. No penalty free kick to celtic. 

That shoulda been the process of what they are saying there decision was. 

None of that happened they just got lucky that Sima was offside 

That's how the process should have been applied aye. No FK for them tho, VAR can't give that, it just sticks to original ref decision (from what I understand).

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

That the hand was in a natural position.

20231230_192615.jpg

There’s no quotes there at all, the line is he’s not made a clear and obvious error because he felt the hand was in a natural position. (Which in itself is ridiculous) but as incompetent as they are he’s not gonna say it should have been a goal kick whilst acknowledging it hit his hand 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Correct but that means they thought it wasn't a pen which is 100% blatant cheating... 

I have watched plenty games to know how it works. 

Process.. 

1. OK that's a penalty

2. Run it back look for a foul offside etc in the lead up ( that never happened) 

3. Oh Sima is offside. No penalty free kick to celtic. 

That shoulda been the process of what they are saying there decision was. 

None of that happened they just got lucky that Sima was offside 

I agree with what your saying, however point 3 is inaccurate. The original decision of a goal kick stands, it could only be a free kick to the scum if the ref had given the penalty.

Just now, Inigo said:

It was correct not to be a penalty, but it looks like they've conspired as to the reason it was called correctly.

Just like Dougie MacDonald.

They released the offside with the official VAR graphic that only they can release during the game. 

Now they are going back on that decision and saying the hand was in a natural position.

It's fucking bullshit corruption.

3 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Isn't there some debate about those two points being separate things altogether?

If Gollum got lucky and just noticed the offside after the fact then we'd have got the pen and maybe the offside wouldn't have been given. I appreciate that's all ifs and buts. However, these are the fine margins which make a difference and the fact which is annoying folk is that the incorrect decision was made about the penalty.

You can't justify not giving it because it was offside when they didn't mention offside when not giving the penalty.

They wouldn’t have checked the offside unless they had given the penalty. It also wouldn’t have been them that realised it was offside, that would have been sky’s doing. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I agree with what your saying, however point 3 is inaccurate. The original decision of a goal kick stands, it could only be a free kick to the scum if the ref had given the penalty.

No it wouldn't, because VAR would give the pen.. Meaning to rule it out the play needs to restart from where the foul was committed 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I’d have more respect for them if they just admitted they’re scared of the backlash from that lot when we play there

Would start a discussion we should be having about bringing in neutral refs for these games that they don’t want 

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

No it wouldn't, because VAR would give the pen.. Meaning to rule it out the play needs to restart from where the foul was committed 

No they wouldn't as they would have checked for offside in the build up.

I don't get why so many struggle with facts, its not opinions on this one. 

"If the experienced SFA official had deemed it to be a handball then no penalty would have been given as he would then have checked the attacking phase of play and seen that Sima had been offside when Lundstram supplied him"