Rangers statement

JWAC

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No they wouldn't as they would have checked for offside in the build up.

I don't get why so many struggle with facts, its not opinions on this one. 

"If the experienced SFA official had deemed it to be a handball then no penalty would have been given as he would then have checked the attacking phase of play and seen that Sima had been offside when Lundstram supplied him"

Wrong order... They would say if it was a penalty first then check from there... No point checking the build up if you don't think it's a penalty 

6 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

They wouldn’t have checked the offside unless they had given the penalty. It also wouldn’t have been them that realised it was offside, that would have been sky’s doing. 

I think we're agreeing that the penalty and the offside are two separate points and that they're scrambling about trying to justify the non-penalty with the offside.

Even if it was ultimately the correct decision the way they're going about it is corrupt.

If what's posted above about Gollum not thinking it was a handball then that's incompetence at best.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

They made the VAR decision very quickly, faster than offside checks usually happen. Nobody showed the offside for over 30 minutes after the incident, even Sky were confused by what was happening saying it wasn't mentioned on the feed they have.

They have made the right decision, but I feel the offside has gotten Collum off the hook for having a fucking howler here - I don't believe that was even checked until after the event.

100% this

1 hour ago, MarzM said:

They said in the commentary it was offside...and they showed the lines. Pointless statement that just makes us look petty.

It was offside 30 mins later. At the time the decision was not given as offside, it was given as no penalty. I think the offside is a red herring, they never checked for that at the time. And as others have said, the video-still they used for the offside was after the ball had left Lundstram's foot, which is not the way VAR is supposed to look at these, they need to take it back to the when it was contact. He might have still have been offside but it just looks fucking inept.

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

They made the VAR decision very quickly, faster than offside checks usually happen. The decision was given to the media as no penalty. Nobody showed the offside for over 30 minutes after the incident, even Sky were confused by what was happening saying it wasn't mentioned on the feed they have. When they eventually showed the still of the offside, the ball was already travelling to (I do think Sima was probably offside regardless).

They have made the right decision, but I feel the offside has gotten Collum off the hook for having a fucking howler here - I don't believe that offside was even checked until after the event.

Offside wasn’t checked, it takes them about 2/3 minutes to check offsides even when they’re clear. The handball was looked at briefly and Collum ruled nothing to see here 

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened today with Dessers. Even though he is a shocking striker, that 'tackle' by Johnston interfered with Desser's shot (he pulls his leg back to shoot and catches Johnston's leg). If the Desssers at Ibrox is a foul, then Johnston's should have been a foul, which would have been another penalty.

Strangely the first time ever Dessers hasn’t taken a slight touch then started asking the ref if he can press charges 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s also a deliberate handball. Sutton was extremely quick to start the accidental narrative. He moves his hand towards the ball because Sima is in if he doesn’t. 

The fact Collum has tried to set the narrative himself regarding a phantom offside is the main issue here. It’s the reason why Rangers want the audio, because offside will not once come out of the cheating bastards mouth. 

It’s totally deliberate, Johnston had got himself all over the place before he did it. There was a replay that showed you as soon as he punches it out he looks totally deflated for a split second before he turns to appeal for a goal kick because he knows he’s just made a total cunt of it and he’s on a booking