*****The Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread*****

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

I must have watched another game. That showed me mccausland is nowhere near ready to be starting week in week out. Lad needs time on the side lines and when he gets his chance again he needs to deliver.

I also thought dessers played not bad considering how bad a game mccausland had. He got no service whatsoever.

Silva came on and was excellent, same service .

Just now, BigBearButt said:

I must have watched another game. That showed me mccausland is nowhere near ready to be starting week in week out. Lad needs time on the side lines and when he gets his chance again he needs to deliver.

I also thought dessers played not bad considering how bad a game mccausland had. He got no service whatsoever.

I think the issue is the lack of options on the right wing, I’d hoped Cortes would be the answer but it appears Clement doesn’t think so and will keep him on the left.

Just now, EngineeRFC said:

Regarding Dessers and those thinking he did well

Would you be happy with a CB that couldn't defend but his distribution and vision was great?

What's the point of having a striker that misses so many chances it's unreal? Especially when there's only one striker being used in our formation.

No a bad amount of goals for someone who canny score. 

Just now, EngineeRFC said:

Would you be happy with a CB that couldn't defend but his distribution and vision was great?

What's the point of having a striker that misses so many chances it's unreal? Especially when there's only one striker being used in our formation.

He never had a clear cut chance all game. If he did and missed then I'd understand.

It was his best game for us so far.

Excellent 3 pts. We have a lot of improving to do though. Good job celtic are poor. We need a few better players all over the park. Sterlings tackle was stupid and invited a red. Cantwell has started to score goals. Could be the difference. Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Different dimension. Different player and was really good. Don't think someone coming on and doing really well necessarily means the guy going off done poorly.

If you think Dessers is Rangers class then so be it, i will beg to differ, just delighted with result.

1 minute ago, EngineeRFC said:

He missed one genuine chance. Otherwise his play, when we eventually decided to involve him, was decent. Also at least 3 times our wide players failed to pick him out for cut backs and crosses when he'd taken up great positions.  Didn't get the heads up. 

He misses chances, but he also scores goals.

Clearly Silva is the much better option, but as usual, Dessers is made out as worse than he is.