*****The Official Rangers v Ross County Thread*****

BBC teuchter was saying their goalie had the most saves on record in one match, by 5 saves last night. Moved the record from 14 to 19 ffs. Some goal keeping. He got lucky with a couple the rest was pretty much flawless from him.

15 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

BBC teuchter was saying their goalie had the most saves on record in one match, by 5 saves last night. Moved the record from 14 to 19 ffs. Some goal keeping. He got lucky with a couple the rest was pretty much flawless from him.

His decision making on catching or punching was bizarre to say the least but he did make a lot of saves 

On 14/02/2024 at 02:28, kelvd1873 said:

Watch him go to hearts on a free and play 3 seasons without injury.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he plays more for his next team but he’s done regardless. 
Guy can hardly break out of a jog 

Still can't get over what I witnessed last night. Be interesting to find out if their keeper and his defenders are all Tims. They defended as of their lives depended on it. Fair play to them, but could they not have saved that display for some other game. After about ten minutes, I thought it was going to be another Arbroath v Bon Accord.

11 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

If memory serves me well, England v Scotland 1975 with our very own Stuart Kennedy in goals, England had 5 shots on goal and scored with all 5. Last night we had 43 shots, 23 on target yet only scored 3. Just saying.

I remember in Feb 2024 Ross County had only 1 shot on goal and scored with it against our very own Jack Butland.

14 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

If memory serves me well, England v Scotland 1975 with our very own Stuart Kennedy in goals, England had 5 shots on goal and scored with all 5. Last night we had 43 shots, 23 on target yet only scored 3. Just saying.

That musta been a cracking night 

Cortes had one that was an absolute shocker. Couldn’t believe it didn’t end up in the net.

On a positive note, in terms of pressing, aggression, and being forward thinking it was the best I’ve seen us in ages. Was a bit like them under gravy veins. 

13 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

We signed 3 players including a striker. 

Should we spend money we don't have and go bust again?

No-one is saying that and Silva might be a very decent forward but I can't see him as a high numbers striker ie a number 9.

Dessers has improved dramatically from those awful early days but his record would suggest he's never been that prolific either. He's got 14 this season and is potentially on track for this to be his highest scoring season ever - his current record is 22.

But. I think most people would agree that Dessers isn't the answer in that number 9 role.

Even if Danilo comes back soon (he won't) his historical record of goals per season is not even as good as Dessers'

Sima is also out for months and Roofe is made of balsa wood and may never play for us again.

I would argue that while Silva is obviously a hugely talented player who could go on to be a proper superstar he's not the forward we needed.

3 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

He had a few very good saves, but none great. His positioning was excellent, but most of his saves were pretty standard. Not a criticism of the boy.

38 minutes ago, left winger said:

He had a few very good saves, but none great. His positioning was excellent, but most of his saves were pretty standard. Not a criticism of the boy.

Spot on can't remember once saying that was a great save.

5 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Spot on can't remember once saying that was a great save.

Can’t sit anywhere near me then in the Copland front everyone round about me couldn’t believe some of them.

the one fae cantwell is a great save and the one he tips round the post is incredible