*****The Official Rangers v Ross County Thread*****

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Can’t sit anywhere near me then in the Copland front everyone round about me couldn’t believe some of them.

the one fae cantwell is a great save and the one he tips round the post is incredible 

The one from Cantwell looked great. His feet were planted so had to launch himself at the last second. That was his only positioning error the whole night. One step to the right and it's a routine save. The one he put past the post was very good, tbf.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

The one from Cantwell looked great. His feet were planted so had to launch himself at the last second. That was his only positioning error the whole night. One step to the right and it's a routine save. The one he put past the post was very good, tbf.

Because his feet were wrong it was a good save from cantwell, it’s hard to get the right amount of spring when you’re flat footed. 

he made a few good crucial saves for them. His positioning for a couple of the long range driven efforts he was right behind were also very good, people get caught up on mcgregor type saves in the game in Prague when in reality keepers can make very good saves that people will put down as routine. The one in the first half he gets up and onto the bar looked a good save albeit I was at the other end of the ground 

Still think that keeper wasn’t great.  Actually thought he was poor.  Can’t remember 1 worldie save, all bog standard for the level he’s at.  Almost punched into his own net a belter, another flapper and the mess at Dessers goal line clearance just some.  Lucky night and poor finishing kept it at 3.

I know goalie stuff when I see it.

26 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Can’t sit anywhere near me then in the Copland front everyone round about me couldn’t believe some of them.

the one fae cantwell is a great save and the one he tips round the post is incredible 

You're right I don't and still say never made great saves, is the one from Cantwell the one he tipped over the bar, certainly not a great save, and the one round the post, can't remember from who, comes into the decent category. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

You're right I don't and still say never made great saves, is the one from Cantwell the one he tipped over the bar, certainly not a great save, and the one round the post, can't remember from who, comes into the decent category. 

His feet are wrong as is his position and he gets his hand to it and puts it onto the bar and over.

its a difficult save to make because of how he starts off 

Just watched the highlights back as I missed the match due to work .. genuinely could’ve been double digits. 

Looks like Dessers is building more confidence but ffs Morelos, Colak, or even Defoe probably walk off the pitch with 5 or 6 last night. All well and good as 3 points is 3 points but these missed chances are going to burn us in bigger games as we’ve already seen a couple times this year. 

played some brilliant stuff, love the change we’ve seen in the club. Clement talked a lot about uniting the fans and players again when he first arrived, and I think we’re starting to see that pay dividends 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Because his feet were wrong it was a good save from cantwell, it’s hard to get the right amount of spring when you’re flat footed. 

he made a few good crucial saves for them. His positioning for a couple of the long range driven efforts he was right behind were also very good, people get caught up on mcgregor type saves in the game in Prague when in reality keepers can make very good saves that people will put down as routine. The one in the first half he gets up and onto the bar looked a good save albeit I was at the other end of the ground 

The one in the first save was good, as well - really strong arm. He was called on to make plenty of saves, but I don't think we forced him into great saves. The good thing is, though, we were hitting the target probably much more than usual.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

What is the most points we've been behind at any stage thus,season?

I'm sure we went 11 points behind at some stage?

Can anyone remember when?

When they beat Killie 3-1 at home on 7th October 2023 they went ten points ahead and nine goals difference . We beat St.Mirren 0-3 the next day under Davis to bring it back to 7 points and six goals difference, both us and them having played 8 games.

8 hours ago, Bawheed said:

When they beat Killie 3-1 at home on 7th October 2023 they went ten points ahead and nine goals difference . We beat St.Mirren 0-3 the next day under Davis to bring it back to 7 points and six goals difference, both us and them having played 8 games.

Thanks mate 👍 

20 hours ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Just watched the highlights back as I missed the match due to work .. genuinely could’ve been double digits. 

Looks like Dessers is building more confidence but ffs Morelos, Colak, or even Defoe probably walk off the pitch with 5 or 6 last night. All well and good as 3 points is 3 points but these missed chances are going to burn us in bigger games as we’ve already seen a couple times this year. 

played some brilliant stuff, love the change we’ve seen in the club. Clement talked a lot about uniting the fans and players again when he first arrived, and I think we’re starting to see that pay dividends 

Morelos had some great qualities, but being a clinical finisher was not one of them.