*****The Official Rangers vs Hearts Match Thread *****

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Sorry, but this is an example of people pilling on a player and chasing him away. Raskin was great last season.This season has been spoiled by injury

Not even close to being true. 

2 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

It’s the same people who 3/4 weeks ago were hounding Cantwell saying he’s finished at Rangers and not very good.

Fast forward to now and his form as gone back to his best and they are in hiding.

Its always the same at Rangers people cant see past players immediate form, there’s no doubt Raskin’s had a shocker of a season mostly due to injuries, it’s also true he’s got a lot of work to do to become a starting midfielder but anyone can see in his play last season that he’s got the raw attributes to be a very good CM.

He may or may not fufill that potential but he’s the sort of player we should aim to develop into a better player.

There is a massive difference between Cantwell and Raskin.

What raw attributes?

6 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Not even close to being true. 

There is a massive difference between Cantwell and Raskin.

What raw attributes?

You've got a hard on for slating Raskin and that's fine. Whatever floats your boat.

But I believe in the manager and if he see's value in Raskin then I believe him.

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

You've got a hard on for slating Raskin and that's fine. Whatever floats your boat.

But I believe in the manager and if he see's value in Raskin then I believe him.

He doesn't though, hence him competing with Jack to be 5th choice.

31 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Sees enough value that now sterling, brought in as full back cover, is ahead of him in midfield

3 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

Fwiw I think the manager is currently dealing with Raskin coming back from injury in his own way. In time i think he will be a good player for us. At 22 he is the type of player we should be looking to develop and sell on eventually.

The issue with that is after a season and a half here you would be expecting him to be flying, he is out injured fair enough but after a strong start with us last season he has looked bang average this season and doesnt seem to have the attitude or appetite to be a success here. I dont see him anywhere near starting due to other players simply being better than him.

5 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

The issue with that is after a season and a half here you would be expecting him to be flying, he is out injured fair enough but after a strong start with us last season he has looked bang average this season and doesnt seem to have the attitude or appetite to be a success here. I dont see him anywhere near starting due to other players simply being better than him.

Raskin is one for the long term. Jack, Dowell and Lundstram (playing well at the moment admittedly) won’t be here forever. Lawrence still has to prove himself for me as well.

Bigger issue for me is that, like the forwards, we seem to have zero coming through from our youngsters.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Raskin is one for the long term. Jack, Dowell and Lundstram (playing well at the moment admittedly) won’t be here forever. Lawrence still has to prove himself for me as well.

Bigger issue for me is that, like the forwards, we seem to have zero coming through from our youngsters.

Is he for the long term though? He gave it all the billy big baws about using us as a stepping stone to the prem and then has failed to live up to early promise. He is what 1/3 through his contract currently and on his recent showing he needs to be in the team now and providing value which he simply is nowhere near doing. I hope I am wrong about the lad but i just dont see him as a starter now or in the future.

Also in terms of youngsters we have young Rice who performed well when used and has now disappeared.

46 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why do people make this myth up that because people get something wrong that they just disappear off the face of the Earth?

:thumbup:

I was one who was disappointed with Cantwell's performances when he was off form .... I'm still here Huckleberry ... and back praising him now he has found his form again.

It's a case of praise or criticise .... and a supporters right to see it as it is .... I don't see many Harry Houdini's either mate.

🇬🇧

Wee win on Saturday put the pressure on the athletic wing for their game next day, another banana skin for them to slip on and hey presto their car park will be awash in barriers and sharks come Sunday night. NICE👌IMG_7633.gif.7551a3759268aa4c9f133708aa322040.gif

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Sterling looked really poor at full back but has absolutely blossomed in midfield.  Doubt many saw that coming.

Wasn't his first game at LB v the tarriers? Thought he was really good if I mind right. Would need a good run of games but I'm less worried about Tav moving on than I was previously with him at the club 

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Is he for the long term though? He gave it all the billy big baws about using us as a stepping stone to the prem and then has failed to live up to early promise. He is what 1/3 through his contract currently and on his recent showing he needs to be in the team now and providing value which he simply is nowhere near doing. I hope I am wrong about the lad but i just dont see him as a starter now or in the future.

Also in terms of youngsters we have young Rice who performed well when used and has now disappeared.

Raskin only joined us 13 months ago.   He got rave posts on RM for his initial displays.  He has been out injured for a considerable period and needs to get back to his previous form.  The boy will only turn 23 in a couple of days and has more than 3 years left on his contract.  Hopefully PC can get him playing to his potential.

5 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

Fwiw I think the manager is currently dealing with Raskin coming back from injury in his own way. In time i think he will be a good player for us. At 22 he is the type of player we should be looking to develop and sell on eventually.

He’s refreshed the way all our players come back from injury thank fuk.