*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It was Silva wasn’t it? Which is even worse as he probably had a finish in him.

Shit, thought it was Tav 😂. But yeah the run on the outside was the pass that had to be made.  Annoyingly it's those fine margins where we lost that tonight 

1 minute ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Mate, Benfica were bringing on 40 million Euro talents off the bench, we're on our arses due to injuries and the same core of players that Beale left us with are near enough all duds. 

We can hold our heads high and we've got to get our heads up for the weekend.

But, we were playing well then just sat back and crumbled. I felt like we were going to win, then after we conceded I could literary see we wouldn’t score. Reminded of me if that horrible mentality that stopped us from winning anything for over a decade. That’s all, I don’t want to see that, want to see some fight.

i said before last week that the league is far more important, european football is / was a distraction but tonight i so wanted to be in the next round and fighting all fronts, i'm gutted it didn't happen but at the same time i'm happy we're out so now we can now have our eyes on the league.

proud of the team and phil for what he has done and had to work with, injuries, shite players and a former manager fucking up in the transfer market, in phil we trust.

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

Benfica we're a better side over the piece.

Ultimately they have superior quality.

give us their front three and we beat them comfortably. That is where our main issue is. Yes we have the odd calamity in terms of mistakes in defence but that is invited onto us by our front 3s inability to hold the ball up and convert chances when they come along. Dessers and Silva should be embarrassed with that tonight. Silva had his bottom lip out for the majority of the match and looked like he was feeling sorry for himself. Dessers well I dont expect anything from the guy but even with that felt let down by an absolute no show, he offered fuck all. absolutely atrocious that he has made a career from the game. 

Not going to pick faults. We went toe to toe with a very decent side and could easily have won. Give Clement a summer window, his own pre-season, and let him replace players like Dessers with more quality. We could achieve something special. 

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I don’t see why some of our fans need someone to blame. I’m not gonna blame anyone for that tonight. We got beat by 1 goal over two legs by a decent European team whilst we have a depleted squad. A win tonight would have been tremendous but unfortunately it wasn’t to be. We’re top of the league, in the cup semi finals and have the league cup already under our belts. I’d have give my left bollock to be in this position back in September. Tonight was a step too far but the treble is definitely on.

Brilliant post. 

Just now, JimmyCR1 said:

But, we were playing well then just sat back and crumbled. I felt like we were going to win, then after we conceded I could literary see we wouldn’t score. Reminded of me if that horrible mentality that stopped us from winning anything for over a decade. That’s all, I don’t want to see that, want to see some fight.

There was plenty of fight.

I don't think you grasp how much on our arses we were. We started with Wright and Dessers because our main 3 wingers are injured and 2 of our attackers are injured. Our bench was made up of 4 attacking players who are literally just back from injuries who would have likely started.

I don't know what folk expect 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Not going to pick faults. We went toe to toe with a very decent side and could easily have won. Give Clement a summer window, his own pre-season, and let him replace players like Dessers with more quality. We could achieve something special. 

The fact we are still bringing Matondo on sums it up. 
Good few needing cleared out 

Disappointed but stepping back pretty unbelievable a mostly pretty poor squad riddled with injuries got this far and really didn’t look out of place tonight against benfica.  Wee bit of luck away - PC unbelievable manager to achieve that.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Our Manager just said we need to be more decisive in the final third.

Think we were all screaming that tonight, from more than one player.

If we had just had a little bit more money to spend in January and we could have had a proper striker…….though he’d probably be injured right now

3 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I don’t see why some of our fans need someone to blame. I’m not gonna blame anyone for that tonight. We got beat by 1 goal over two legs by a decent European team whilst we have a depleted squad. A win tonight would have been tremendous but unfortunately it wasn’t to be. We’re top of the league, in the cup semi finals and have the league cup already under our belts. I’d have give my left bollock to be in this position back in September. Tonight was a step too far but the treble is definitely on.

Exactly 

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Our Manager just said we need to be more decisive in the final third.

Think we were all screaming that tonight, from more than one player.

Dessers? He got fuck all service tonight. We all know he's not good enough especially at this level but stop looking to blame someone. 

3 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

i said before last week that the league is far more important, european football is / was a distraction but tonight i so wanted to be in the next round and fighting all fronts, i'm gutted it didn't happen but at the same time i'm happy we're out so now we can now have our eyes on the league.

proud of the team and phil for what he has done and had to work with, injuries, shite players and a former manager fucking up in the transfer market, in phil we trust.

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO

Don’t care about your rationale but get this to fuck :lol: