Glass half full or half empty?

A game I thought we would win going into it until i seen the team sheet FFs..anyhow being 0-2 down, and to draw 3-3 should we be satisfied with the outcome or missed opportunity again....thoughts on games ahead folks?

weve got to be happy that the team managed to win the second half 3-1 after that shit show of a first half. That first goal was a total fluke though, 9 times out of 10 that deflects and goes anywhere else bar the goal, that being said it should have been defended better in the first place.

I never go into these games now thinking we will win, I just wait and see what will happen but I think this time the teamsheet gave me some palpitations and Clement needs to take some blame in that, you play your best players in these games, if their fit enough then they play its simple as that, Barisic shouldve been in and Sterling into midfield, Lawrence shouldve been on the bench for Cantwell, if you need to make changes during the game because they cant last the 90 or their niggles flare up then so be it but best team on the park at all times.

If Clement learns from this and sets the team to go for the throat and press them every minute they have the ball (and even when they dont) then I think we can beat them at their midden.

No getting around that its a better result for them and they might even be slight favourites now.

But given where we were at half time and seeing how much we can improve with Sima and Yilmaz back, I don’t feel too down.

With the correct team and the break of the ball for once we win that

Still don't thinks it's as impossible as some think that we can't go to their dump and win.

Thought they were pretty ordinary 2nd half, but we can't be starting with pish players like Wright. 

Ridvan hopefully be back and stay fit and Sterling midfield or RW will definitely balance our team out more than today. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledWeegie123 said:

weve got to be happy that the team managed to win the second half 3-1 after that shit show of a first half. That first goal was a total fluke though, 9 times out of 10 that deflects and goes anywhere else bar the goal, that being said it should have been defended better in the first place.

I never go into these games now thinking we will win, I just wait and see what will happen but I think this time the teamsheet gave me some palpitations and Clement needs to take some blame in that, you play your best players in these games, if their fit enough then they play its simple as that, Barisic shouldve been in and Sterling into midfield, Lawrence shouldve been on the bench for Cantwell, if you need to make changes during the game because they cant last the 90 or their niggles flare up then so be it but best team on the park at all times.

If Clement learns from this and sets the team to go for the throat and press them every minute they have the ball (and even when they dont) then I think we can beat them at their midden.

Barasic wasn't fit Clement said before the game he had been 'sick' - in other words he shat it before the game even started. 

Just now, Redmond7 said:

Barasic wasn't fit Clement said before the game he had been 'sick' - in other words he shat it before the game even started. 

I heard him say that but Barisic being sick just means hes shitting his pants. If he was on the bench he was fit enough to play and to keep the balance in the team he shouldve been in sick or not.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We'd the chance to take winning the league out of their hands. The gaffer's poor starting 11, Tavs early fuck up, and far too many unacceptably not turning up fucked that chance.

I'd say its now advantage them, they'll hopefully be 2 points behind on Wed but will rightly fancy their chances against us at their dump and they'll have easier post split fixtures.

I think today has hurt our chances quite badly and we'll need at least a draw at Parkheid to win the league. We can do that if we go for a solid midfield and pace up front out wide. I just don't know if Clement will or whether he'll persist with the likes of Wright and Lawrence.

More half empty than half full.

We NEED to utilise our pacy players at theirs. 

As you say, play compactly, press the life out of them when we need to, and we should walk away with at least a draw. 

We should have more minutes in a few players by the time that game comes around, Sima should be up to speed too. 

I agree that Lawrence and Wright need to be far away from the managers thoughts come that game

1 minute ago, Redmond7 said:

Aye, probably sick with nerves is what I thought also. Don't really want to see him again in our team. It's a continuous theme with him. 

Half empty for me. Relieved we are still in it but we had to win today.  I doubt our team are capable of getting a result at that cesspit and they will have easier games. Hope to fuck I’m wrong. Anyway just fuckin win on Wednesday night to go top and give us a boost 

Think I'd rather go with 10 men than Barasic tbh. 

Problem is we really don't have many options in this squad at the moment so the manager picks who he thinks can play what. I mean the opposite side of the coin is, he picks his best side, they do shite and we have shite coming off the bench. I still think we should have enough to do the taigs and coming back from 2-0 and 3-2 shows we do but it still should never have been that way in the first place. And yet if we do win the title this could be the match that did it. Weirdly enough. 

7 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

No getting around that its a better result for them and they might even be slight favourites now.

But given where we were at half time and seeing how much we can improve with Sima and Yilmaz back, I don’t feel too down.

With the correct team and the break of the ball for once we win that

Agreed.

The manner in which we came back twice might have a slight psychological boost in our favour but they’ll be thinking they can blow us away in the reverse game.

Half empty. 

I feel we needed the three points today for the belief of the team. Under Gerrard latterly we believed we could beat them. Now no matter what we do elsewhere we just can’t seem to turn it on when it matters. 

Do you think this is what they felt like in the 90s when Tommy Burns was their manager?