Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Staggering.

And if he knew a few months ago why all the chat at the end of the season about bringing loads of players in?

It seems as though, he initially had the thought as most of us - horses for courses until the end of the season and then he'd have cash there to rectify what we need.

Instead, we've very little funds, are having to spend heavily on this stadium project now paying a lease for another stadium and so on, mess after mess.

So he's been told that we now have to sell players to fund the much needed rebuild, and we've basically no sellable assets 😂

Awk, it's a shitshow.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This probably wont go down well, but why are we doing stadium infrastructure work when money is tight?

That’s the sort of work you do after a big sale and a year or two CL money come in.

It’s the same as that glorified pub we built out the back of the Copland.

Because we’re ran by fucking donuts. 

Absolute disgrace from those entrusted to run our club. It is bad enough that we are treated with contempt and basically lied to or ignored, but to hire a manager basically under false pretences is the final straw for me with the current board structure.

Biggest question has to be how do we protest the board without removing much needed funds from the club and also making Clement’s job even harder?!?

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I hope he walks

We're an absolute fucking disgrace that he doesn't deserve to be dragged into

i hope he doesn't walk, as I fear the alternative would be another jobbing English manager ala Lampard. 

I didn't want to believe it but we really are a shambles. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

This probably wont go down well, but why are we doing stadium infrastructure work when money is tight?

That’s the sort of work you do after a big sale and a year or two CL money come in.

It’s the same as that glorified pub we built out the back of the Copland.

We've needed a rebuild twice, and both summers - the club have decided to invest into off the field projects, in NEH and now stadium infrastructure.

This board are doing everything but improving the football side of this club.

I think it'll go down great, because it's the fucking truth. They've spunked our money on shit.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

It seems as though, he initially had the thought as most of us - horses for courses until the end of the season and then he'd have cash there to rectify what we need.

Instead, we've very little funds, are having to spend heavily on this stadium project now paying a lease for another stadium and so on, mess after mess.

So he's been told that we now have to sell players to fund the much needed rebuild, and we've basically no sellable assets 😂

Awk, it's a shitshow.

He’s said he was told a few months ago though, it’s less than a couple since the season ended and his parting quotes at the time gave assurances we’d see loads of change.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He’s said he was told a few months ago though, it’s less than a couple since the season ended and his parting quotes at the time gave assurances we’d see loads of change.

Which says the board have lied to him, and said you're getting this and that, and now is not the case.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

i hope he doesn't walk, as I fear the alternative would be another jobbing English manager ala Lampard. 

I didn't want to believe it but we really are a shambles. 

If Clement walks, in these circumstances, the quality of manager we will be able to attract will be a lot lower than Lampard.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Which says the board have lied to him, and said you're getting this and that, and now is not the case.

Yeah I get that they lied to him/things changed after getting him through the door.

My point is he says he was told there were no funds a few months ago, but a few weeks ago was telling all of us we’ll see big changes in the summer and an improvement in the team.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

We've needed a rebuild twice, and both summers - the club have decided to invest into off the field projects, in NEH and now stadium infrastructure.

I think it'll go down great, because it's the fucking truth. They've spunked our money on shit.

That's the truth right there. They can build on infrastructure, that's fine but do it when there is extra income coming through and the club is more self sufficient, but we also blew a small fortune last season on bang average players on massive wages (for us) rather than trimming the squad down. 

That's us freed up the best part of 100k a week in wages and we could still easily trim double that off the squad and not see a huge difference in quality on the pitch. 

That's gross negligence from the club. 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Maybe promises of investment, and perhaps the Saudi rumours of Tav and Goldson were true but haven't materialised?

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yeah I get that they lied to him/things changed after getting him through the door.

My point is he says he was told there were no funds a few months ago, but a few weeks ago was telling all of us we’ll see big changes in the summer and an improvement in the team.

I still don't think that's any reflection on him though - I think that's still board, Bennett etc chopping and changing, and the stadium mess taking even more funds away.

Edit: as Negri says too, certain deals falling through.

We're kinda fucked, and can see why he's a bit disappointed.

Are we really any better off as a club, are the people in charge really any better, than when we had the likes of Charles Green around? I had kind of forgotten - probably on purpose, you have to block some shit out in life to survive - just how bad it was in those days, but I'm not really convinced we have moved forwards. A few of us on here remember when in the 80's we had the take over by Murray and the lead up to that and how shit we were, bit a lot of that was caused by the stadium re-build during that period. It was, to an extent, understandable, and, I can't speak for anyone else, but every season, no matter how bad we are, always believed we would be in there fighting. I don't know if I can see that anymore, it seems to me that current custodians of the club are happy to be 2nd rate. I hope to fuck im wrong but right now, you look at where we are and nothing has changed since last season. I dont  even know what to think anymore and I cant even describe how it makes me feel, but I know mostly everyone here feels the same. Its tragic.

10 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

NEH was to be almost entirely paid for by selling part of Albion Car Park.

We still have the car park and it cost us £15 million.