G51 Sports Bar issues

📅 11 July 2023 - Rangers announced the ‘G51 Ibrox Sports Bar’ was to open in the then vacant Rangers Store. 1/4. 

The name of the new sports bar was selected because the postcode for Ibrox Stadium begins ‘G51’. The former Rangers Store was then plastered with new branding sporting the G51 logo and concept. Unfortunately, this has caused a massive headache for the club. 2/4. 

📅 6th July 2023 - A matter of days prior to Rangers announcement of the new sports bar at Ibrox Stadium. The trademark ‘G51’ is registered with the IPO office. The owner of this new trademark is Omada Sports LTD. 3/4. 

@RangersFC Who are Omada Sports LTD, I hear you ask? The company was incorporated at Companies House on this day in 2020. Their address is just along from Ibrox Stadium at Paisley Road West. A simple search of directors throws up an interesting Rangers connection… 👀 4/4.

Another day another fucking riot with the club 

Just now, Craiggybear said:

I don't understand the post.... is the problem the name or are they saying the sports bar isn't going to open now?

Craig Houston apparently owns the G51 trademark, and it's apparently causing a headache for the club, he's denying any such issues.

Saying he wouldn't sue the club, or charge to use it.

39 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

How what’s the issue? Could you explain the ‘riot’ from the club I don’t get it

So from what I’ve gathered is either one of two things:

1. Houston was using the G51 brand and logo before the club decided to name the sports bar this. Bisgrove neglected to notice this and decided to name the sports bar that. Houston got wind of this and trademarked the brand and logo so the club couldn’t use it without his permission 

2. Houston wasn’t using the brand and logo G51 but someone inside the club leaked this is what the sports bar would be named and he went and trademarked it before the club could meaning if they want to use it they would need to get his permission and or pay him a royalty 

28 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

So from what I’ve gathered is either one of two things:

1. Houston was using the G51 brand and logo before the club decided to name the sports bar this. Bisgrove neglected to notice this and decided to name the sports bar that. Houston got wind of this and trademarked the brand and logo so the club couldn’t use it without his permission 

2. Houston wasn’t using the brand and logo G51 but someone inside the club leaked this is what the sports bar would be named and he went and trademarked it before the club could meaning if they want to use it they would need to get his permission and or pay him a royalty 

It's looking like a combination of the 2. Houston was using G51 for clothing purposes but a hell of a coincidence that the G51 trademark included pubs/bars a matter of days before the Rangers announcement. He's quite clearly been given this info from someone inside the club.

Screenshot_20240903_230113_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cb9114ca92923bddd039ce785a3236c3.jpg

Screenshot_20240903_230125_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d91db64f9ea737364cb8f48f27c2a888.jpg

Screenshot_20240903_230355_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5a7dd90995ba7982780ad84763c1fae7.jpg