*****The Official Rangers v Dundee Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

4 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Glad we didn’t sign Cerny on a permanent deal. He’s just very one dimensional and has no pace, so the only time he’s a threat on goal is when the opposition switch off and let him turn on the ball and onto his left foot. 

Bottom 6 SPFL sides will do that, but he’ll do fuck all in Europe/OF games or even against the likes of Aberdeen IMO

And too lightweight mate.

Jefte excellent. 

Pretty unconvinced by Propper. Thought he got away with a few bad decisions. Misses a lot of crosses in the air?

Bajrami interesting. Doesn’t look at all athletic but good vision. Not a winger tho.

Cerny poor/predictable.

Balance of midfield not right with Sterling. Like him but we’re never going to play fast flowing football without some better ball players. 

5 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Glad we didn’t sign Cerny on a permanent deal. He’s just very one dimensional and has no pace, so the only time he’s a threat on goal is when the opposition switch off and let him turn on the ball and onto his left foot. 

Bottom 6 SPFL sides will do that, but he’ll do fuck all in Europe/OF games or even against the likes of Aberdeen IMO

That’s sort of how I see it too.

He’ll score some great goals here and there and/or good assists but just can’t see him being able to cope with the pace of an OF game.

Physically Dundee’s left back handled him with no bother at all.

5 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Wee Connor is a player. Few misplaced passes but never hides and always pressing, great signing.

He has a determination and desire seldom seen in a player nowadays. He seems to have a genuine passion playing for us which is all credit to him given that, as far as I am aware, he was brought up as a typical Sheepie, i.e hates Rangers more than he loves his own Club.

37 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Like Cortes. Once he gets a run of games he'll be even better. Iganame looks good, Bajrami was ok, prob trying to adjust to the Scottish game. Jefte good and Dessers done well with another two goals. 

Midfield isn't strong enough though. Sterling was poor and Diamonde average when he came on. Barron had a good game, but too weak in that department. 

Cortes is dugmeat imo

Pretty good today I thought. Felt we played at a really high tempo before the goal and then dropped off after we scored. Lost a bit of control, but regained it second half. 

Being hyper critical, I think we could have created some more clear opportunities in the first 20 minutes playing at a high tempo. But really, we could have had 6 or 7 today. Could also have conceded a couple as well.

Overall a 3-0, back at Ibrox, can't really complain. Hopefully in a good place for a positive result in Europe on Thursday. 

44 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

TBF he looked pretty good first couple of games, and he gave the impression of being a fairly decent player. No arguing he was poor today coming back off illness,  I think we should hold off for a wee while before declaring him a right off

At Rangers, you're only as good as your last touch on the ball.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Barron is almost proof in the pudding. Miller makes all sorts of sense.

Barron was basically a free. Miller would be above what we will spend.

Not denying it's the player type I'd like to see. But pretty confident it won't happen as we won't spend whats needed