Middleton

Lloyd

Just now, jamess said:

Want to see him get much more game time as he opens up defences,  but your off the mark with Candeias - solid performer.

Teams that regularly start a winger who's best attribute is their work rate win fuck all 100 times out of 100. He's not good enough to be anything more than a squad player. 

Just now, geneva_ger said:

And turned out to be not so good. The king is dead etc

No, I know. Don't want to derail the thread by going on to talk about McKay too much, I'm just not seeing in Middleton the skill, touch,  and ability to beat players that I saw in McKay coming through. I like his attitude and effort though.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No, I know. Don't want to derail the thread by going on to talk about McKay too much, I'm just not seeing in Middleton the skill, touch,  and ability to beat players that I saw in McKay coming through. I like his attitude and effort though.

Turn it up mate, it's a new generation and this wee 18 year old would take Barry to the cleaners.

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

It's a tricky one. There's no doubting his talent...he's raw and pacey and defenders just don't know how to cope. He's changing games when he comes on, and that's a great thing. The big question for me though, would he be as effective for a whole 90 minutes? I'd hate it if he started and didn't have a great game.....which could lead to some negativity creeping in...as well as the inevitable reactions from the fans "He's shite, all hype" etc etc type comments that we love to give out sometimes :lol: 

I think for now, games like Ayr would be the best place to give him a full 90, but still keep him on a leash for Europe/SPL.....keep him hungry!

Spot on.