Left back

GOAT

We know the limits of Flanagan and Halliday. At least there is the hope Barisic might develop into a useful asset.

i still think there’s a player there. But whether he’s just short of confidence or fitness I don’t know.

if he could get a run of 8 or 9 games in a row I think he’d deliver. But it’s probably a gamble we can’t afford (or Gerrard doesn’t want to take given last night)

it makes it very difficult to attack down the left with Flanagan tho. He doesn’t even pretend to make an overlapping run. Teams can just double up on our left winger.

Flanagan i’d have in my team every day for games against the sheep or Hibs away. It can get the rest of the team going if he clatters into a few tackles

I'd be looking at EPL clubs for any good young left backs on loan for a season at the very least, to have 3 players for one jersey and not one of them good enough is criminal. 

Halliday was utter chronic the day and that's against East Fife which says it all, although Barisic can't get a game against any cunt which maybe says even more. Flanagan is the least shite of the 3 imo but ffs..

Need to pray for a new left back, East Fife is Halliday’s level. Flanagan is horrendous but would go in for a 50-50 with the hulk and I admire that. Barisic has shown nothing since last August to suggest he’s anywhere near the level required. This has to be a priority, before Thursday preferably but before the transfer window shuts is a must. 

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

To be fair, it doesn't matter who anyone thinks is our best left back. The point is that we don't have a left back good enough for this team.

That really is the situation we are in,  three left backs and non of them are good enough. We need a new one either now or in January, I would prefer one now.  

6 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I'd be looking at EPL clubs for any good young left backs on loan for a season at the very least, to have 3 players for one jersey and not one of them good enough is criminal. 

Halliday was utter chronic the day and that's against East Fife which says it all, although Barisic can't get a game against any cunt which maybe says even more. Flanagan is the least shite of the 3 imo but ffs..

There's a young boy at Liverpool who Gerrard raves about. However I can't mind his name. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

There's a young boy at Liverpool who Gerrard raves about. However I can't mind his name. 

Adam Lewis.  The boy Larouci also looked impressive for them preseason.  Would imagine these avenues have been explored.

For me investigating a cash plus player(s) for Greg Taylor looking like sensible option right now.