Jon Toral Signs Until End of Season.

3 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

We can dismiss players too quickly. I don't think we have seen  anywhere near enough of Dodoo to make a judgement. I think a player needs 15-20 games to be able to judge . I remember us signing Alec McDonald way back and it took him a good time to settle and find his best position and he is a real legend. We write players off way too early. 

Who's writing him off? I'm writing off the stupid claims of him being the most natural finisher at the club, based on a few fleeting appearances. 

8 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Dodo has all the footballing grace of Ted Mcminn

McMinn was a footballing genius, a throwback, utterly impossible to defend as he didnt even know what he'd do next. I understand what you meant but there is no comparisone whatsoever. I remember him beating three or four players on the byline making his way into the six yard box only to kick the turf for the ball to trickle out for a goal kick....as I said genius.

19 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

McMinn was a footballing genius, a throwback, utterly impossible to defend as he didnt even know what he'd do next. I understand what you meant but there is no comparisone whatsoever. I remember him beating three or four players on the byline making his way into the six yard box only to kick the turf for the ball to trickle out for a goal kick....as I said genius.

I remember him running towards the touchline, stops the ball, can't stop running, almost ends up in the enclosure, turns and runs back again, gets to the ball before anyone else, trips/stumbles past 2 players. Dont think he looked up once and just kept running. Great stuff.

I only meant that when watching the tin man we were never sure what he was trying to do. It's sometimes the case when watching Dodoo, but he's young and somehow has got a bit of a player in him.

24 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Scored direct from a corner at Boghead versus Dumbarton, the next corner kick he kicked the corner flag with the ball traveling about two yards. A one off who was superb at times in 86/87, gave Willie McStay the runaround in the 1-0 victory at the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, jcb said:

Scored direct from a corner at Boghead versus Dumbarton, the next corner kick he kicked the corner flag with the ball traveling about two yards. A one off who was superb at times in 86/87, gave Willie McStay the runaround in the 1-0 victory at the start of the season.

Remember that game,packed in like sardines that night. Willie mcstay ! What a dick

14 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Who's writing him off? I'm writing off the stupid claims of him being the most natural finisher at the club, based on a few fleeting appearances. 

There isn't a vast amount of competition, to be fair.

13 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I remember him one game beating about 5 players on the left, running into the box, only has to slot it past the keeper, everyone on their feet anticipating the onion bag getting ruffled.....only for him to slip and fall flat on his face! :lol: He was outstanding!

Gordon Durie was another I recall, who'd trip over the ball when he'd done the hard bit!

29 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Gordon Durie was another I recall, who'd trip over the ball when he'd done the hard bit!

The saying " His second touch was a tackle "  was made for Gordon Durie . Hat-trick in a Cup final and the game is still classed as The Laudrup Final .

If Toral can give us a wee bit of the inventiveness that we require in the final third, then we should hopefully score more in the remaining part of the season .

1 hour ago, Fred H Crawford said:

The saying " His second touch was a tackle "  was made for Gordon Durie . Hat-trick in a Cup final and the game is still classed as The Laudrup Final .

If Toral can give us a wee bit of the inventiveness that we require in the final third, then we should hopefully score more in the remaining part of the season .

? Exactly!

And we need that extra inventiveness badly! 

Seems like he didn't feature today, so no updated scouting reports, unfortunately!

9 hours ago, HashPizza said:

On a side note I see Barton started and played the full 90 for Burney today, drew 0-0 with Sunderland away in the cup. Hopefully Toral can do what Barton couldn't and drive this team forward.

Got booed for the full 90 as well. 

10 hours ago, HashPizza said:

On a side note I see Barton started and played the full 90 for Burney today, drew 0-0 with Sunderland away in the cup. Hopefully Toral can do what Barton couldn't and drive this team forward.

20 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Got booed for the full 90 as well. 

From who, Makems or his own?