***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Guest Lloyd72
2 hours ago, Jackal said:

There 6 points off a playoff spot and he has spent good money.

They had a good start to season but have been on the slide since start of November. Only turn there season has took is a bad turn. 

They were playing shite and he was about to lose his job, now he's in a decent position so I'd say he's done okay with them, but fuck him

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Amato said:

Article on the BBC just now about how Tommy Wright is ready to make the step up. Comes across as a bit of a "come and get me Rangers, this is what I can do".

He's gagging for the job, must be embarrassing for St Johnstone fans to see their manager touting himself to other clubs.

24 minutes ago, Amato said:

Article on the BBC just now about how Tommy Wright is ready to make the step up. Comes across as a bit of a "come and get me Rangers, this is what I can do".

I was actually quite impressed with him in that article. He seems much more adaptable than our previous lot, and clearly would install a good work ethic and make us difficult to play against.

For all those clamouring for McLeish, surely a Wright or a McInnes would be a better option right now? They've actually achieved more in their careers, than Eck had done before he got the Rangers job.

5 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I was actually quite impressed with him in that article. He seems much more adaptable than our previous lot, and clearly would install a good work ethic and make us difficult to play against.

For all those clamouring for McLeish, surely a Wright or a McInnes would be a better option right now? They've actually achieved more in their careers, than Eck had done before he got the Rangers job.

I don't think he'd be terrible, would be completely underwhelming though and would be confirmation that new manager wouldn't be getting money to spend I think. Anyway, don't think we're even considering him.

15 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

McLeish would be a far better appointment than Wright or McInnes. He's far more experienced and has won more than either of them ever will and that's what we need just now.

I'm not specifically talking about you but I've seen a lot of people saying Wright or McInnes over McLeish and I genuinely think that people who favour them over McLeish are so fixated on having a shiny new manager rather than something that feels like a retread that they are failing to see that McLeish is a far more sensible, and better, option than either of them are.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

McLeish would be a far better appointment than Wright or McInnes. He's far more experienced and has won more than either of them ever will and that's what we need just now.

I'm not specifically talking about you but I've seen a lot of people saying Wright or McInnes over McLeish and I genuinely think that people who favour them over McLeish are so fixated on having a shiny new manager rather than something that feels like a retread that they are failing to see that McLeish is a far more sensible, and better, option than either of them are.

There are surely better options than any of them though?

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

No one is clamouring for McLeish full time.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

No he's not.

I think the Director of Football cynically will just be used by this board as another buffer between them and the support another face to blame rather than them, it's another way for them to distance themselves from football matters.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think the Director of Football cynically will just be used by this board as another buffer between them and the support another face to blame rather than them, it's another way for them to distance themselves from football matters.

I think you're kidding yourself if you think the fans won't get on their backs if this doesn't work out. Whether, like you say, they think they're culpable is a different issue but it won't save them from any blame. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Maybe I'm subconsciously lowering my standards as the days pass but the past few days I've went from thinking we need better than McInnes to thinking he'd be a good shout. No idea why. 

It funny, the exact same thing has happened with me. Particularly if we get Wilson as DoF, I just get the feeling that a young forward thinking team would be exciting. 

I just want to see some developements soon, it's pretty frustrating refreshing this thread every 5 minutes only to read some pish like 'Ally's been interviewed for the job' or 'Rangers Rumours say Wilson isn't coming', total mind fuck! 

20 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You'd like to think so. I was purely looking at that scenario hypothetically.

Sorry, I understand your point, it's just I'm not keen on any of them. Quite probably Derek McInnes is being considered, and that is a possible, but I think the club should have a broader scope, and would be attractive to a great many good candidates. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Sorry, I understand your point, it's just I'm not keen on any of them. Quite probably Derek McInnes is being considered, and that is a possible, but I think the club should have a broader scope, and would be attractive to a great many good candidates. 

I read somewhere they/we had 60 applicants.