New Daily Record blog.

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Simple answer before it gets to that. I have bills to pay and a career to build. If anyone else wants to pay me more not to write for them then be my guest. If not, then I couldn't particularly care less if people don't like me writing for them. 

That is pathetic Dude ..Truly is 

We have all got bills to pay but we don't sell our souls .

First I knew ,you actually write for them .Doing what may I ask ?

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That is pathetic Dude ..Truly is 

We have all got bills to pay but we don't sell our souls .

First I knew ,you actually write for them .Doing what may I ask ?

The blog on opening post in this thread.

That and defending them (the rhebel).

I swear to God .Sometimes I think there are more beggars and cunts that don't give a fuck about Rangers and our enemies on here ,than actual diehard bears who want to go to war with these bastards and start standing up for ourselves without taking their money 

I may not have much but I do have my pride .I would never take a fucking penny of these beggar loving bastards at the Rebel 

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The blog on opening post in this thread.

That and defending them (the rhebel).

I seen your post mate .Agreed .Yeah such a disappointment .He said it .Doesn't give a fuck but it's sad as I liked the Dude 

7 hours ago, PRW. said:

Nice one.

Already said it but good luck to you, we need more Rangers men in positions like this. Sitting back and letting the tarriers run the media, councils and governments is not the way to go.

Also hope this means the Hibs fan stops getting paid to go to Ibrox.

This, all day long!

It's like still an continuation of the dignified silence pish, only worse, much worse!

6 hours ago, Smile said:

Good Luck, not a bad article. I reserve the right to criticise you when I think they are shite though as I would usually do on here.

My thoughts summed up well.

@The Dude nice one. I have enough faith in you going by the way you post on here, the way you have the courage of your own convictions to stick to what you believe, despite being rounded on by quite a few, myself included, when it comes to the paedo cover by the taigs in the East for example, to have the integrity to give an honest bit of balance, challenge the obvious bias and double standards we as a Club and support face on a daily basis etc, or to chuck it as you have said you will.

18 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I swear to God .Sometimes I think there are more beggars and cunts that don't give a fuck about Rangers and our enemies on here ,than actual diehard bears who want to go to war with these bastards and start standing up for ourselves without taking their money 

I may not have much but I do have my pride .I would never take a fucking penny of these beggar loving bastards at the Rebel 

Define "going to war"

Do you think sitting back and a small % of bears not buying their paper or clicking on their website is more effective than getting more bears inside the media?

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Take their coin by all means but change their ways not fall into line. 

This. I can just about get someone trying to make their way in the world doing so at the DR.  All hinges on what he writes though.

34 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Define "going to war"

Do you think sitting back and a small % of bears not buying their paper or clicking on their website is more effective than getting more bears inside the media?

Yup. The tims have been smart and organised about it all. I keep saying it, but if you want influence, make it happen. Encourage your kindreds into the industries where they can do that. After all, that's what they did, and it worked.

We can boycott, but the filthy rags will still publish all of their one-sided pish, and that kind of propaganda is effective. Long term, we need to make ourselves better heard than we are now.

35 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

I'm assuming Santos Laguna are the Mexican club? Whom would the blogger know that was involved there? Just curious.

Not involved but fans of. I was in Chicago recently and went to a MLS game where I spoke to a few Latino fans. Was wearing my Rangers top, one of them recognised the badge (I have him on twitter now)  and we spoke about Caixinha, amongst other things. In the few weeks I was there I spent a fair bit of time in pubs and when I'd explain to people why I was there (to see Chicago Fire who I've followed for a few years now) we got talking about football and if they said they watched Liga MX I would ask about Caixinha. 

Whilst I don't read the DR or any newspaper for that matter, I'd have thought the best way to combat a one sided media would be to have more Rangers men in the media? 

Be interested to see what future articles are written by Dude.

As for the article aye id include some of the under 20's purely on the basis they'd actually want to play and looks like the current lot have chucked it.

13 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Whilst I don't read the DR or any newspaper for that matter, I'd have thought the best way to combat a one sided media would be to have more Rangers men in the media? 

Be interested to see what future articles are written by Dude.

As for the article aye id include some of the under 20's purely on the basis they'd actually want to play and looks like the current lot have chucked it.

I have read most of this thread and find myself agreeing with both sides of the argument and was not sure really where I stood. 

Having read your post I think having a Rangers fan writing our side of things could help, but like you it will depend on what Dude writes. So for now I am hoping it can be a positive thing. 

So over to you @The Dude give it your best shot and prove that joining that paper is worth it. 

24 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This. I can just about get someone trying to make their way in the world doing so at the DR.  All hinges on what he writes though.

He needs the money and doesn't care it's the rhebel paying it. Each to their own. His stuff will be all about Rangers, not interested in those who attack us. So primarily for now it's negative stories or bland reports on under 20s or wavy hair.

Missed opportunity springs to mind but then why would you bite the rhebel hand that feeds you when you're looking to promote yourself.

Not sure if this meets your hopes and expectations but it's inevitable.

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

@The Dude nice one. I have enough faith in you going by the way you post on here, the way you have the courage of your own convictions to stick to what you believe, despite being rounded on by quite a few, myself included, when it comes to the paedo cover by the taigs in the East for example, to have the integrity to give an honest bit of balance, challenge the obvious bias and double standards we as a Club and support face on a daily basis etc, or to chuck it as you have said you will.

If he raises the paedo cover up,. challenges obvious bias and double standards for fans etc then I'll commend him fully.

Given he's already said on this thread he won't be touching paedo stuff as it's not Rangers related, and isnt interested in their state aid benefits I'd hang fire on that whole integrity thing....

41 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

This, all day long!

It's like still an continuation of the dignified silence pish, only worse, much worse!

My thoughts summed up well.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble mate ..... but unfortunately the topic first in bold .... that you think he will do justice to? ...... is actually not one he wants to touch with a ten foot barge pole or challenge his new employers with.

If you actually believe that he will earnestly challenge the status quo at the daily retard .... then I'm afraid you will be as disappointed as the victims of the crimes the scum have covered up for so long ...... along with the help of their compliant business partner of course. 

On the second bold part ..... He has also said he is only working for them because he needs their payment to pay his bills, food, rent etc  ..... so even though he has tried to gain back ground with this patent attempt at bravado ..... I think it's safe to say he will keep his head down and not bite the cloven hoof that feeds him. 

:UK:

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He needs the money and doesn't care it's the rhebel paying it. Each to their own. His stuff will be all about Rangers, not interested in those who attack us. So primarily for now it's negative stories or bland reports on under 20s or wavy hair.

Missed opportunity springs to mind but then why would you bite the rhebel hand that feeds you when you're looking to promote yourself.

Not sure if this meets your hopes and expectations but it's inevitable.

We'll see. He either will try to effect change or he won't, he'll blend in or he won't. He'll be judged by other Rangers fans on that.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm paraphrasing what he has said.

Yeah, I know.

Short term and long term Rangers fans will judge him on what he does and what he writes. He also mentioned 5WA and racism/sectarianism. There's scope there for him to have a positive effect in the short term whilst he establishes himself. Once he does establish himself, if he does, who's to say that positive effect couldn't expand. From little acorns and that. Rangers could do with people that care having an influence in the media. A proper influence.

Or it could turn out he's just out to make money and doesn't really care that much about making a difference. Time will tell.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Because everyone that I've spoken to that actually know something about the guy rate him highly. 

Just read the blog and can't fathom how positive you've been about Pedro when he's looked clueless to put it mildly. Time will tell but why do you rate the opinions of others more highly than your own eyes and ears or his record of finishing no better than fifth in leagues? Who did you speak to? Was it an email to a Mexican? They have a Mickey Mouse league system going on over there.

No need for the Sky BT bollocks either. Some people have been watching football from before both existed and know shit football when they see it. Pedro has me and my old man worried and for good reason. We will back him like we always do but surely our play and results count for something and the evidence so far is that we have went backwards at an alarming rate? So much so that we can't keep the ball, after being noted for dominating possession, whilst being a distinctly kick-and-rush lump it forward one dimensional outfit. The odds are on this style being enough to nick enough goals to beat the majority of Scottish teams but unless it improves drastically we will never compete with good sides. I've never been a fan of hoof-ball right enough. 

What did these people you spoke to say about Pedro? What's his system or philosophy out-with this homage to Kilmarnock that he keeps serving up. 

Guy gives me the fear and I'm trying my best to be positive but snide comments about worried fans just makes it worse. No opinion is more important than what happens on the park so I don't know how anybody can look at us against the likes of Motherwell or Kilmarnock let alone Celtic recently and conclude that Pedro may be the best thing that King has done.

Will you still get into our training complex if you say what you see? What have you seen that's positive? The only thing I can think of is that we may be slightly less likely to concede because we hoof it forward so quickly that it's more difficult to over commit to attack.

34 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have read most of this thread and find myself agreeing with both sides of the argument and was not sure really where I stood. 

Having read your post I think having a Rangers fan writing our side of things could help, but like you it will depend on what Dude writes. So for now I am hoping it can be a positive thing. 

So over to you @The Dude give it your best shot and prove that joining that paper is worth it. 

Pretty much where I'm at :tu:

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I know.

Short term and long term Rangers fans will judge him on what he does and what he writes. He also mentioned 5WA and racism/sectarianism. There's scope there for him to have a positive effect in the short term whilst he establishes himself. Once he does establish himself, if he does, who's to say that positive effect couldn't expand. From little acorns and that. Rangers could do with people that care having an influence in the media. A proper influence.

Or it could turn out he's just out to make money and doesn't really care that much about making a difference. Time will tell.

I'll take a gamble it will fall under your last sentence .... why so confident I hear you ask? ....... because if there's anything that The Dude has said in this thread so far that's anyways credible it's the part of only going there for the money ..... and that will not allow him to make a difference .... even if he wanted to ..... the man who pays the way decides what direction the payee must travel ..... :p: 

:UK:

42 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Just read the blog and can't fathom how positive you've been about Pedro when he's looked clueless to put it mildly. Time will tell but why do you rate the opinions of others more highly than your own eyes and ears or his record of finishing no better than fifth in leagues? Who did you speak to? Was it an email to a Mexican? They have a Mickey Mouse league system going on over there.

No need for the Sky BT bollocks either. Some people have been watching football from before both existed and know shit football when they see it. Pedro has me and my old man worried and for good reason. We will back him like we always do but surely our play and results count for something and the evidence so far is that we have went backwards at an alarming rate? So much so that we can't keep the ball after being noted for dominating possession whilst being a distinctly kick-and-rush lump it forward one dimensional outfit. The odds are on this style being enough to nick enough goals to beat the majority of Scottish teams but unless it improves drastically we will never compete with good sides. I've never been a fan of hoof ball right enough. 

What did these people you spoke to say about Pedro? What's his system or philosophy out-with this homage to Kilmarnock that he keeps serving up. 

Guy gives me the fear and I'm trying my best to be positive but snide comments about worried fans just makes it worse. No opinion is more important than what happens on the park so I don't know how anybody can look at us against the likes of Motherwell or Kilmarnock let alone Celtic recently and conclude that Pedro maybe the best thing that King has done.

Will you still get into our training complex if you say what you see? What have you seen that's positive? The only thing I can think of is that we maybe slightly less likely to concede because we hoof it forward so quickly now that it's more difficult to over commit to attack.

Can't say he was that positive, but I did see there was fairness in it.

It like no matter the manager they cant win. MW played the possession game. It worked for a while in the championship then it turned to shit. You can pass the ball all day in your own half as we did as team quite literlly stood back and laughed. They then took the ball off is one of our rare forays over the halfway line, high ball over our donkeys in central defence, bang a goal. Easiest day's pay for our opposition.

We get that bad at it, some of the shitiest teams in the top tier stuffed us. Then we're humped 5-1 by the scum and MW days are numbered.

Along comes the new man, more attack minded and actually gets the ball ver the halfway line which means we might have half a chance of scoring, but of course, Miller aside, we've got no fucking chance of that.

The guy's in the door two minutes and he's been judge as the anti christ after getting beat by the best team in the land by a country fucking mile, whilst we were only 33 points behind them. Yes it all makes complete sense, not.

Now as for the pressers, he's now getting mauled. Take aside the factor that English isn't his first language and new to this very shite Scottish game, have you ever watched the pressers of Jose? Absolute blithering incoherent pish he talks, but he is in fact a top manager.

What I don't get from this hanging party, is that he is only in the door two minutes, presiding over a Scottish game that is shite, inheriting players that are shite and without a spine between them, technically limited players who are used to a different management style and system, are well deservedly pumped by the best team in the land, in games that we could never be expected to win, unless you were deluded, or on crack. Now I just don't see the probable cause.

Now could someone on crack please confirm my hypothesis, in that he or anyone could have or should have besten scum fc in those two games where they were indeed up for it, just to humilate us us of course.

We know fuck all about him and he has a period od adjustment to go through and more than most because of his background, as do the players, in whom we all well know are not fit for purpose and never will be. The big difference between him and MW p, is that he doesn't wear a magic hat and thank fuck for that and how fucking wrong did we get that one. Only took us a year and this new guy is in the door two minutes and he's a wank? That says more about us than it does him.

He may turn out to be the man and he may not, but have a look in the mirror ffs! It's fucking getting embarassing.

I'm not defending him, as he will prove himself one way or another, but trying to give some sense of perspective and logic into the debate, as this is becoming farcical.

On the fence with this one, but I think if you can give unedited, passionate and positive views about Rangers where applicable then it can only be a good thing. I don't see it lasting all that long though if you are true to your convictions as I don't trust that rag but time will tell.

Interested to know though if you are giving solely your own view or if you will report on the general consensus of our support, say through the feelings on this site? Not quoted as such but the general opinion.