Jimmy Nicholl

KeyserSoze

Graeme Murty: Rangers' defeat to celtic is my lowest moment in football and I'm sorry

GRAEME Murty last night apologised to Rangers supporters after his side was thrashed 4-0 by celtic in the William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final and admitted the humiliating defeat was his lowest moment in football.

It’s a lonely place standing on the sidelines when that’s going on. I don’t think words are enough to convey how I’m feeling right now.”

Interesting.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This is just my gut feeling and not based on anything I know or rumours I've heard but I think something's not right with him and Murty - I think they have different ideas and I also think Jimmy Nicoll was thrust onto Murty, a decision made from above without his backing or consent so the relationship isn't what it should be.

I'm not saying they hate each other or don't like each other but something seems a wee bit off. 

Murty seems to like JJ for some reason but I'm struggling to see what he brings to the table.

Can't remember which home game it was but Nicholl was shouting something to Murty from the dug out only for Murty to start pointing at himself asif to say "I'm the boss". Definately some differing opinions going on.

10 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Suprised it took this long.

Usually we get a thread about every single person at the club after a defeat.

Make a Steve Harvey one next, daft analyst obviously doing it aw wrong.

I wish he'd come up and see me, make me smile. (Hey it's close!)

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This is just my gut feeling and not based on anything I know or rumours I've heard but I think something's not right with him and Murty - I think they have different ideas and I also think Jimmy Nicoll was thrust onto Murty, a decision made from above without his backing or consent so the relationship isn't what it should be.

I'm not saying they hate each other or don't like each other but something seems a wee bit off. 

Murty seems to like JJ for some reason but I'm struggling to see what he brings to the table.

Ones a proddie and one isn’t. 

Joking aside, it's a bit daft to point fingers just at Nicholl. The issue is a whole lot bigger than that. There's an apathy and an attitude that runs right through the club, where they actually believe that we are progressing and these are just bumps along the road. 

We need cleansing (again) from top to bottom. 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Joking aside, it's a bit daft to point fingers just at Nicholl. The issue is a whole lot bigger than that. There's an apathy and an attitude that runs right through the club, where they actually believe that we are progressing and these are just bumps along the road. 

Agreed. I don't think we can scapegoat Nicholl the problems is a lot, lot bigger than a ex-Rangers player and fan standing in as a number 2 until the end of the season. He's literally just there to help implement whatever Murty's methods are in all honesty. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed. I don't think we can scapegoat Nicholl the problems is a lot, lot bigger than a ex-Rangers player and fan standing in as a number 2 until the end of the season. He's literally just there to help implement whatever Murty's methods are in all honesty. 

This 100% 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Yeah, and guide him as far as I know. An experienced hand. Wether Murty decides to listen to that advice is another matter entirely, and that could be whats causing the apparent friction between them. 

8 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

don't think anyone is pointing a finger just at him, but it's a decent question to ask is it not? considering he's not really done much at a management level and we seem to be a bit lost at the moment - what does he bring to the table?

10 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

This.

The threads about lacking passion, fight etc & then ones targeting specific individuals in the team are chronic. 

We have a far, far bigger problem that is much deeper than the starting 11.