Rumour that McGregor will be captain (FF)

Just now, Amac9 said:

I'd be amazed if he's not.

One of Gerrard's first signings, Gerrard speaks of him being a leader who knows what the club is about, plus he's been in the new kit photo shoot which pretty much says he's going to be number 1.

I took it that Goldson would be his captain with what he said about him being a leader 

52 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Heads need examined if anyone thought a backup centre half a Brighton who hasn't seen a huge amount of football in recent times, and who has absolutely no connection to the club, was going to stroll in and be made fucking captain of Rangers Football Club. 

Fucking hell. The only surprise is that people are surprised it will be McGregor. Madness.

It's the RM way again.

38 minutes ago, gsa said:

An outfield player can help to change the tempo of game by making a big tackle or pressing hard, etc. 

Difficult for a goalkeeper to have a huge influence, other than doing his own job well, obviously. 

Why would you need an armband to change the tempo of a game? 

58 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s also the only player in the squad to piss off at our lowest and become a rat bastard in the process, scumbag shouldn’t be here never mind be captain

I absolutely cannot believe the lack of hatred towards him. 

5 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I really hope not. 

I've never liked a goalkeeper as a captain. 

They can't affect a game like an outfield player. 

I personally thought Goldson was getting it based on Gerrard comments about him being a leader 

Buffon?

Casillas?