Pedro in a bush to Gerrard strangleholding Halliday

pcbear

The whole Pedro experiment/gamble in hindsight was madness. Some called it from the start. Some tried to and did buy into it. The reality of it all though is that it was all a bit of a shambles.

In fairness to Pedro he now seems to be doing well back in Mexico and is currently top of the league hence why no one is reporting on him anymore. If he was doing poorly everyone would know about it.

Regardless I tend to think things happen for a reason and as shite as the last period has been, if we didn't try the Pedro experiment we probably wouldn't have got Gerrard. Now we have Gerrard I wouldn't want anyone else. Against all odds, so far anyway, Gerrard, his players and his team have been fantastic. The turnaround probably exceeds the expectations of us all. 12 months in football really is quite extraordinary.

20 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

In fairness to Pedro he now seems to be doing well back in Mexico and is currently top of the league hence why no one is reporting on him anymore. If he was doing poorly everyone would know about it.

20 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Regardless I tend to think things happen for a reason and as shite as the last period has been, if we didn't try the Pedro experiment we probably wouldn't have got Gerrard

Absolutely spot on, on both counts.

Key reasons Pedro failed was because he trusted the only markets he really knew (Mexico and Portugal) AND because he couldn’t communicate his ideas well enough in his second language.

Secondly, if he had been a wee bit more successful with the above we wouldn’t have felt the need to look elsewhere, and would almost certainly have missed the boat with Gerrard.

Reading that back, maybe we should be applauding Pedro ?

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

Pedro was an absolute gimp woefully selected by Graeme Park et al. 

However the club appear to have rectified that massively with the Gerrard signing. Early days but looking an inspired choice. 

Warburton will go down as the worst for me . Just

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Warburton got us promoted at the first time of asking. The main issue with Warburton was us buying into a bit of the hype and thinking the success in the championship would extrapolate into the top division, so we made a lot of mistakes giving guys extended contracts that were not cut out for it. If we hadn't done that then Warburton overall could almost count as a success. 

Pedro blew absolute millions in comparison and won nothing. He was disastrously bad, and it was obvious from the word go that was going to be the case. To my mind Pedro is far worse than Warburton ever was. 

7 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Warburton got us promoted at the first time of asking. The main issue with Warburton was us buying into a bit of the hype and thinking the success in the championship would extrapolate into the top division, so we made a lot of mistakes giving guys extended contracts that were not cut out for it. If we hadn't done that then Warburton overall could almost count as a success. 

Pedro blew absolute millions in comparison and won nothing. He was disastrously bad, and it was obvious from the word go that was going to be the case. To my mind Pedro is far worse than Warburton ever was. 

It's splitting  hairs for me .

I hate Warburton more and like a passion . We were on the down word path with him . Pedro just took us further down

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I was gonna comment on Warburton because it takes us back one step... before Pedro bush incident.

Warburton had no plan B and struggled when being beat...

To having a manager that played a 6 2 formation when goin down  to 9 men and taking us into group stages 

43 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It has to be McCoist, by some considerable length.

He had by far the easiest jobs in terms of managing players on the park. External factors no doubt played a part but from a managing perspective he was way out his depth.

Moving up through divisions of journeyman yet we played some truly awful football in the process.

Warbuton was soon found out but at least had a team playing some  tremendous football albeit, against lesser opposition, managed a team that beat celtic in an epic semi and got us in the SPL (something two Rangers greats failed to do).

Granted the wheels eventually came off the bus.

McCoist’s bus didnae even have wheels. 

Pedro was the worst in my opinion. 

McCoist was no manager but was a talisman in a time of need. Hung in too long, hoisted on his own petard of WDDWA

Warburton was a glorified Gamer who got carried away with his success on Football Manager and thought he could bring business principles into football. Talked a great game but just wasn’t a football man no matter how much he used the jargon. Was fine for the Championshionshio when we outgunned everyone else but found out in the top league. 

Pedro was a fucking disaster from the outset. Wrong culture. Wrong country. Possibly wrong game. Looked completely lost and was more interested in being the big man in the dressing room. Should have been sacked after the scum and sheep results. Shouldn’t have been given the funds to spunk in the summer. Heads should have rolled for appointing him. 

32 minutes ago, beararse said:

Warbuton was soon found out but at least had a team playing some  tremendous football albeit, against lesser opposition, managed a team that beat celtic in an epic semi and got us in the SPL (something two Rangers greats failed to do).

McCoist’s bus didnae even have wheels

Warburtons team drew with celtic then won on penalties, took a few humpings off them aswell.

Ally's team beat them twice.

30 minutes ago, beararse said:

It has to be McCoist, by some considerable length.

He had by far the easiest jobs in terms of managing players on the park. External factors no doubt played a part but from a managing perspective he was way out his depth.

Moving up through divisions of journeyman yet we played some truly awful football in the process.

McCoist’s bus didnae even have wheels. 

Can't disagree although my heart gives McCoist a little leeway . I loved him for over a decade . Not now clearly

Warburton will always be the one that really created the mess we found ourselves in last season .Pedro added to it .

Anyway it's only in the past . Looks like we are on a fantastic journey now . Long may it continue

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

We almost ended up with McInnes. 

I'll be forever grateful to him for being an absolute shitebag. 

This all day long, I never wanted McInnes from day  1 but I started buying into the idea that he would be best of a bad bunch of candidates...... a safe pair of hands was the term getting brandished about.....make no mistake if McInnes had said yes I doubt very much we would of transformed the squad as I reckon the board would not of backed him the way Gerrard is getting backed and their would be no bounce or feel good factor about the place.......its the best slap in the face our club has received in the last few years as it made us sit up and take a gamble on a new dynamic and fresh approach...... being a Ranger today sees a lot of grown men walk about with our mojos back.....god it feels good to walk into the boozer again and be the protagonist when it comes to wind ups :Banane21:

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Warburtons team drew with celtic then won on penalties, took a few humpings off them aswell.

Ally's team beat them twice.

When we were still in the SPL, albeit financially crippled.

Granted his opportunity coincided with the financial meltdown and demotion so he was dealt a shitty card but it was obvious to a blindman he wasn't cut out to be a manager, let alone a Rangers manager.

When Walter gave him the reins for Cup games he was well out his depth.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

When we were still in the SPL, albeit financially crippled.

Granted his opportunity coincided with the financial meltdown and demotion so he was dealt a shitty card but it was obvious to a blindman he wasn't cut out to be a manager, let alone a Rangers manager.

When Walter gave him the reins for Cup games he was well out his depth.

Still beat them though, Warburton never beat them as such.