Gerrard Post Match Reaction

Laudrup1984

Says it all really. 

I've bought into the Gerrard revolution - but fuck sake - today was tough - as was m.well, as was l.ston.

As a start, Flanagan needs to go right back Barisic left back - Tav, midfield. 

Every single corner needs to be taken off Tav too. 

Deflated as fuck - Fuck all else to say. 

1 minute ago, standup said:

Honest anyway, takes responsibility, his team his signings, think he was having a dig at sadiq with the Alfredo V ayr comment. Promising us more semi finals, aye aye.

In part he was (Sadiq) but from his comments I took it that NO ONE is safe (regardless of previous performances). He said that no one took responsibility or showed courage in the final third on such a big stage. That to him, and us also is not good enough.

It's all very well playing well here and there but to not show courage in the final third when it really matters in a showpiece occasion will find some players out.

12 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Every time he’s been asked about sadiq he’s slagged him then plays the useless cunt for 90mins,nice one Stevie.

A real statement will have been not to play him today. 

I refuse to believe he couldn’t find anyone to play the striking role since we beat Ayr

Cant really fault any of that statement . The players were poor in the final third and let themselves, their manager and the supporters down. If hes honest though he will have to admit that he should've made changes when it had obviously got to the stage where it wasn't gong to work.

Very much believe in this manager and I do think with his mentality we'll win the league in by May 2020.

However, I do have a huge problem with this interview. Talks about their goal being a "sucker punch" and how we "left ourselves open" to it. That is down to him and his team. Conceding these stupid goals from set pieces or high balls has been an issue from the start of the season and every time we have dropped points domestically these types of goals have been the reason along with average performances (which is when you need to defend well) and it hasn't looked like being resolved.

He also says the quality wasn't there but persisted with the same 11 for 80 minutes and it took conceding a goal for him to change it. If the players on the park aren't doing what you want then replace them accordingly considering he has a bench of players he has praised such as Arfield, Middleton, Halliday and Rossiter along with a guy he's spent a couple of million on in Eros Grezda.

Loads of possession, no clear cut chances created, no subs until we are chasing the game, no change of game plan, conceding basic goals from set pieces. Starting to form a trend. 

I believe in Stevie, he's a great personality and in time will make us better. He needs supporting in January. 

1 hour ago, murzo said:

He says at the end of the interview that “the players that were picked today ,when they got to the final third, the business end, they didn’t deliver.”

Why not make subs and change the game.

Seems odd to say that when he left a player he paid 2 million for on the bench throughout.