Halliday.

ForeverAndEver

41 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Hopefully that ends the ‘Barasic is the better player and Gerrard agrees’ patter.

Another fantastic performance and shouldn’t be dropped.

I had high hopes of Barasic though he has been miles off it and Halliday has been solid when he's come in.

13 minutes ago, North Antrim Loyal said:

As midfielders go he is becoming a bloody good full back.

When Halliday played in midfield many said that wasn’t his natural position.  He looks more comfortable at LB than in midfield to me.  Maybe LB is his natural position but I’ve heard some say he’s a winger so fuck knows.

There’s more upside to Barisic but for the moment Halliday has to be our starter at left back, with Borna it’s almost like he feels the need to hit crosses all the time because he’s a great crosser but we’ve actually no one for him to hit it to but with Halliday he’s linking play better,defending better and helping us apply pressure to the opposition 

1 hour ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Hopefully that ends the ‘Barasic is the better player and Gerrard agrees’ patter.

Another fantastic performance and shouldn’t be dropped.

Completely agree with the bit in bold but I think the next game will show the first bit to be wrong sadly.  Andy absolutely deserves to keep that LB jersey but Gerrards comments in the press conference yesterday about one or two players having an issue due to the plastic pitch tell me that that's the reason Barisic was dropped. I fully expect him to be at left-back on Wednesday against Dundee - wrongly IMO but we've seen Halliday get dropped numerous times this season whenever Barisic is fit no matter how well Andy plays the previous game.