Gerrard

Burts91

15 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

There has been a fair few games where Gerrard can take the blame but he is in no way responsible for tonight. The amount of chances we have had to kill teams off this season have been criminal. 

Honestly hope we keep Gerrard for the next 3 years. He is a born winner, you can’t change everything in one season. He has given us a Europa league group stage run, he has given us a victory over celtic. He is going to make mistakes in the same way that all managers do but he will honestly get it right given enough time. 

He has helped turn Morelos into a 15-20m pound player. It’s frustrating as fuck. But Gerrard needs the full backing from everyone and the board. 

Certain he will bring us a title in the next two and a bit years. 

Well done - a sensible post - they are few and far between tonight . 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Gerrard will be a year wiser he's watched the competition I expect a completely different Rangers under him next season

He watched the competition until January and wasted wages on a midfielder we have no use for and a striker that isnt suited for our system 

2 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

season's not over yet. we will finish within 10 points and I think we'll win the cup. We already reached the Europa group stage, so we're on track mate. 

Very bold. The way we swept aside Hamilton and Dundee has people forgetting the countless big games were are shite, and/or wasteful.

We will drop more points before the season ends, and the taigs will drop less. They have consistently saw games out or snatched them at the end in the big games. 

Take any OF game in isolation... with regards to the title... doesn’t determine it one bit and both sides can end up on the wrong side of a humping. It’s the nature of the fixture.

As for the cup - it’s less than 50/50 because we haven’t even reached the semis yet.

1 minute ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Questions need to be asked of SG 

we have squandered far far too many daft points this season 

I like him and I think he will become a good manager 

but as a rookie, that is not what we need at the moment 

unless he gets some serious backing in the summer he will be gone by Xmas imo 

I disagree, I don't think he will be a good manger in Scotland- as has been proven over the season when the pressure is on. England, well that is a different situation for him - plenty of funds and less pressure in a mid table championship club. I'm seriously thinking he is going to be a problem next season.

Something a lot of people miss out on is that results like tonight are frustrating as fuck because we are actually now in a position where we are challenging.  In previous years a result like tonight would have been dissapointing but not to the same extent because we were never seriously challenging.    Bottom line is that we have improved.

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I disagree, I don't think he will be a good manger in Scotland- as has been proven over the season when the pressure is on. England, well that is a different situation for him - plenty of funds and less pressure in a mid table championship club. I'm seriously thinking he is going to be a problem next season.

I wasn’t meaning in Scotland I was meaning in another league (most probably England) 

once he is away from us he won’t come back to Scotland

he is ‘cutting his teeth’ with us and it’s not what we need 

he will always get a job in England just because of who he is 

if we don’t spend a decent amount in the summer to back him and by Xmas we are having battle for second with Aberdeen yet again then he is getting bumped 

Said this in the match thread.. I've noticed a pattern emerging this season, basically when we don't take our chances the heads start to go down, we lose our discipline i.e:

we stop doing what we we're doing good, we start feeling sorry for ourselves, we panic, we lose our shape, certain players forget their jobs and we stop functioning as a team.

The inevitable happens and we can't get back up to that level we started the match at for fear of losing.

6 minutes ago, Vision said:

Said this in the match thread.. I've noticed a pattern emerging this season, basically when we don't take our chances the heads start to go down, we lose our discipline i.e:

we stop doing what we we're doing good, we start feeling sorry for ourselves, we panic, we lose our shape, certain players forget their jobs and we stop functioning as a team.

The inevitable happens and we can't get back up to that level we started the match at for fear of losing.

Yes we are also terrible in the final 10 minutes when looking for a goal. Never create chances at all

17 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I remember before the season started EVERYONE said we had to at least cut the gap and be under double digits. 

Seems the goal posts are being moved to accommodate Gerrard...

We are improving IMHO although results aren't to a certain extent....take the last game of the season at Easter  Rd....in a game we had to lose 6-0 to finds in 4th place we found ourselves 3-0 down inside 25mins and staring down the abyss of another humiliation.....that kind of performance is night and day to the 2 games this season but we are 2pts worse off....judge Gerrard next season when he has had a full year and 3 Windows 

That’s the risk we took with having a manager learning his trade ,big summer ahead but I think next season he will come good ,he will know what he wants he’s no stupid 🍻🇬🇧 If it wasn’t for Europe we wouldn’t have fell away imo never had squad to last the pace as showed last two month 

38 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

There has been a fair few games where Gerrard can take the blame but he is in no way responsible for tonight. The amount of chances we have had to kill teams off this season have been criminal. 

Honestly hope we keep Gerrard for the next 3 years. He is a born winner, you can’t change everything in one season. He has given us a Europa league group stage run, he has given us a victory over celtic. He is going to make mistakes in the same way that all managers do but he will honestly get it right given enough time. 

He has helped turn Morelos into a 15-20m pound player. It’s frustrating as fuck. But Gerrard needs the full backing from everyone and the board. 

Certain he will bring us a title in the next two and a bit years. 

A lot of players let him down but he's not entirely blameless for me mate tonight. Hibs were coming into the game 2nd half taking control in midfield and we needed some fresh legs. He waited again until it was too late. 

I agree it is going to take more than 1 season. He's now got to weed out these players that bottle it in these games. We need quality and players with a ruthless winning mentality. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Sometimes we need to look at the bigger picture. Of course we wanted to challenge this season but realistically we should be setting expectations of a the manager coming in and making progress. And as painful as it is to drop points tonight, we have made progress under Gerrard.

* We lost 10 games last year. 9 the year before. We have lost only 4 this year.

* We conceded 44 goals last season....50 the season before. We have conceded only 21 this season.

Not to mention this league this year is far more competitive than the past seasons. And for the first time in years,i don't fear playing the bheasts.

So Gerrard has improved us. I think with some sqaud additions next year he can do it. We cant keep starting every season with a new manager. 

Only reason it’s more competitive is because the tims have been worse this Season compared to the last 2

they will spend a decent amount this summer and get a decent manager in 

we have to spend big I try and compete with them over a full season, if we Fuck it up this summer it will be 12,13,14 in a row we will hand them 

they don’t care about competing in Europe or Fuck all, they just want to dominate in Scotland because they know that as much as the scum fans will moan at their board ultimately they will be happy winning domestically and will still pay their giros to them 

huge summer coming up

no margin for error, it has to be perfect, or oblivion for us and the fans will vote with their feet 

13 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Very bold. The way we swept aside Hamilton and Dundee has people forgetting the countless big games were are shite, and/or wasteful.

We will drop more points before the season ends, and the taigs will drop less. They have consistently saw games out or snatched them at the end in the big games. 

Take any OF game in isolation... with regards to the title... doesn’t determine it one bit and both sides can end up on the wrong side of a humping. It’s the nature of the fixture.

As for the cup - it’s less than 50/50 because we haven’t even reached the semis yet.

Bold-ish, perhaps, but we should be beating Aberdeen and I'm confident we will. Then it's a one-off game against celtic - who we shouldn't fear anymore after our last showing against them. Anything can happen for sure, but  we have a good chance to get to a final which we'd be favourites to win if we can do a job on celtic Don't let tonight kid you, we'll be up for the remaining games and I think we'll be close in the end. I'm raging tonight, but one thing I don't do is throw my toys out the pram like some. I also believe 100% in Gerrard, and the board by the way. I'm sure we'll strengthen significantly in the summer and next season will be different - keep the faith.