Is that our spending completed for this window?

Think we are waiting to see if any clubs bid for Kent. Media up here keeps quoting 10 million for him but so far only Leeds have been mentioned but no bid so far. The window in England closes on the 9th August if he is still at Liverpool after that and a loan is not possible. I think we will bid  a lot less than what's been quoted  for him. They know a season in the academy / development squad will only see his value drop considerably. 

Still think we need an out and out match winner in the midfield for when we’re off the boil , Aribo might be the answer but some of his play still a bit to safe for my liking , very early days though , totally different level of player but our midfielders in years gon by created 4/5 chances a half not a season 

I'd imagine we'll be getting maybe 1 more in before the end of the window. If it's not Kent then it'll be another loan in an attacking role. Would fucking love Kent and Roofe but that'll massively depend on where Morelos is at the end of the window.

I have always thought we needed a number 10 but the more i see us the more i question whether a number 10 would suit our formation. 

Kent loan is the one i wanna see. If not i think we need another winger. I fear Hastie is someone we will be trying to punt this time next season.

9 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I have always thought we needed a number 10 but the more i see us the more i question whether a number 10 would suit our formation. 

Kent loan is the one i wanna see. If not i think we need another winger. I fear Hastie is someone we will be trying to punt this time next season.

Been saying this as for as long as the posts have appeared that out formation and system doesn't really accommodate an out and out number 10 player

12 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Definitely not...

I hope not anyway. Still waiting to find out if Kent is definitely in our plans(hope so). 

Nah we aren't finished yet. 

That is the most female thing I think I have ever read on here 😃

I would not be unhappy if we were finished for this window. Squad is much stronger than last season and we will not be staring a bench bereft of potential game changers.

Good enough to win the title ? I think so especially if we are fast out of the traps and win our first 5 or 6 games. Let the rest play catch up.

13 hours ago, Amato said:

I agree that last season you could generally tell within about 15 mins of the game kicking off how it was going to pan out. I'm hopeful the likes of Aribo and Ojo will help us though, both seem capable of good shots from a bit further out 

Hopefully those 2 will turn out to be the difference between a draw/loss to winning games at the death.   They look ok so far but with ojo in particular we’ve seen loan signings start good then revert back to their usual level.   I saw yesterday that the scum are leaving Scott Sinclair out of squads and we’ve seen him win games on his own for them and that’s what I think is still missing from us.

36 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I would not be unhappy if we were finished for this window. Squad is much stronger than last season and we will not be staring a bench bereft of potential game changers.

Good enough to win the title ? I think so especially if we are fast out of the traps and win our first 5 or 6 games. Let the rest play catch up.

This is imperative. Can't afford to drop any point before the tarriers arrive at Ibrox and then win that game. We must then be a minimum of 3 points ahead of them and it puts down a marker. 

If our window closes with the squad as it is I won't be happy at all. 

To the starting 11 we've added a centre back who may or may not be better than the 3 already here, and a midfielder who has looked really good but realistically is completely unproven in our league and at a club this size. The rest are like for like or perhaps even worse than the players they're replacing. What happened to the "quality over quantity". 

Unless we bring in at least another centre forward and wide player we'll have missed a huge opportunity this season. I also still think we need a more creative, number 10 type player although not as a priority compared to the other 2 positions I've mentioned. 

I understand that alot of our plans may have been centred around losing Morelos and bringing in a sizeable fee for us to work with but even if it means overspending by a few million surely now is the time to do it, if not I think there will be plenty regrets by the end of the season. 

Thinking about it more, I do wonder if how we get on in the Europa qualifying rounds is one of the decisive factors. Get through, minimum guaranteed 6 games to add to the schedule plus the travel involved. This undoubtedly hurt us last year.  Can only assume that, plus the additional guaranteed money, will tip the balance in favour of strengthening more than compared to if we dont qualify. Though we'd have to trim down with sales and loans ouf too I'd expect.