Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

34 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nothing contentious today in terms of big decisions.

Seems its okay to time waste (all Livi players) , make numerous fouls even after warning (Holt) and try to wipe out players breaking away from you (Sibbald) without punishment. Just dont react to a decision given against you if you're Morelos or you're getting a petty issued yellow.

Dropped points today, ref little to do with that, but he's still a wee dick.

0 for, 0 against.

:lol:

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Standard Clancy performance. That of a wee prick.

No idea what Itten was booked for.  Blatant foul on Barker ignored (Barisic territory). Their forward blatantly grabs Goldson but not even spoke to. Time wasting allowed as it has been all season.

I'm going to say there was a possible penalty where the defender extended his arms from his body, not in natural position and making body bigger then got hit on elbow. A shitey penalty if given but I want to see it again before I call it as a decision against.

Trial by Sportscene 😁

Agree with all that. Need to see the penalty again. One thing RTV is shite for just now is replays.

15 minutes ago, five stars said:

Clancy would of been devastated that Morelos wasn't playing, missing out on a chance to send him off again.

Gave them numerous free kicks in decent areas after their players fell over with little to no contact.

After that game at Parkhead I will never view Clancy as an impartial official ever again. I was thinking the other day how many penalties he had awarded from a corner kick before that game and I’m pretty sure he has never gave another one since. Just one of many ‘crooked’ decisions he made that day. I have every expectation that he will have at least one of the derby games this year and absolutely no confidence he will remain impartial...

13 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

After that game at Parkhead I will never view Clancy as an impartial official ever again. I was thinking the other day how many penalties he had awarded from a corner kick before that game and I’m pretty sure he has never gave another one since. Just one of many ‘crooked’ decisions he made that day. I have every expectation that he will have at least one of the derby games this year and absolutely no confidence he will remain impartial...

It was a penaltyand the right decusion.  There was at least a dozen other decisions,  including an almost identical one on Aribo, that he got wrong and can't be put down to incompetence. 

He's corrupt, and he'll be the go to  guy for OF games.

On 16/08/2020 at 20:08, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nothing contentious today in terms of big decisions.

Seems its okay to time waste (all Livi players) , make numerous fouls even after warning (Holt) and try to wipe out players breaking away from you (Sibbald) without punishment. Just dont react to a decision given against you if you're Morelos or you're getting a petty issued yellow.

Dropped points today, ref little to do with that, but he's still a wee dick.

0 for, 0 against.

Edit. We all saw Morelos booking, whats the difference from this non punished reaction?

Just catching up with the thread but we could have easily had a penalty in that game the livi defenders handball from a shot that bounced and hit him. 

There's no way that was a natural angle and in any case the rules were changed to any contact with the hand is a foul. 

Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Just catching up with the thread but we could have easily had a penalty in that game the livi defenders handball from a shot that bounced and hit him. 

There's no way that was a natural angle and in any case the rules were changed to any contact with the hand is a foul

I'm not sure that is the rule tbh.

22 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I'm fairly certain it was changed to that during the break for lockdown I've been wrong before but not often. 

I think the ricochet things means its not an automatic if it contacts the arm. This is a quick Google article from the English Premier League, it summarises the IFAB ruling.

What's new in 2019/20?

The International Football Association Board (IFAB) has updated the Laws of the Game for the 2019/20 season.

Handballs 

Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental. 

The handball rule now has extra clarity because it does not consider intent by a player. 

Another big change is to do with the position of a player's hand/arm.

If the ball hits a player who has made their body "unnaturally bigger" then a foul will be awarded.

IFAB says that having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a "natural" position and a player is "taking a risk" by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding. 

It is, however, considered natural for a player to put their arm between their body and the ground for support when falling, so long as the arm is not extended to make the body bigger.

Deflections 

Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.  

It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player. 

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby

Edit. The rule may have been superceded but I've seen it since the restart where it hits the arm at the side of the body and not given as the arm is close to body not extended out.

21 minutes ago, gordo7 said:

You'd like to think that at the referees review meeting(or whatever it's called),  he'd be getting a few strange looks after that, and told to get a grip of himself.  Or.....will it be the usual high 5's all around 🤔

He will be getting paedo of the match and a bottle of bubbly to celebrate.