them

MisterC

22 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Can only assume the team buying Frimpong doesn't employ an analysis department because the lad is genuinely one of the worst fullbacks in every category going. Stats show he cannot cross to save his life and he cannot defend either. His successful cross rate / pass rate into the box is brutal. His decision making is appalling on top of all that (never more apparent than in the old firms and euro games this season). More fool them, whoever it ends up being :lol:

He’s probably one of the quickest players I’ve seen but I don’t think he ever crosses or does anything else.

12 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

He’s probably one of the quickest players I’ve seen but I don’t think he ever crosses or does anything else.

Aye, when you watch him his pace gets him out of some really bad decisions. Can't believe the tarriers were saying he's better than Tav.

40 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

He says in the article he doesn't know if it would interest Frank but politely states that it would be interest most managers.

Typical record spin then.

He never actually showed interest but it's the taig job of course he would be interested lol. 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Frimpong isn't as good as the hype around him. I think Laxalt is the better of their 2x main wing backs (and I don't think he is anything great either.

He is quick, but..... an attacking wide player of that type needs final product, he rarely delivers. It is all one dancing away from a player, but if you cross it to the first defender - it means nothing.

Sure that might come, he is young, but he certainly isn't a player I fear in their team.

What player do we fear in their team now?

For me it's none.

Manchester City placed a 30% sell-on clause in the deal which took Frimpong to celtic Park, so should the club accept a £13.5m offer from any side, the Hoops would only receive £9.45m, with £4.05m heading to the Etihad. 

They are apparently wanting £13.5m if they get that it’s daylight robbery. 

1 minute ago, The Monk said:

Man City have a 30% sell on fee :lol:

Even still, if they somehow get 7m from what they paid, selling for £10m, that's mental / amazing for a player who can't actually cross or defend. I thought they would get 3-4ish for him, as an absolute max, if they were going to sell him. Is Laxalt (seemingly equally crap, but at least an international) not for sale at 7?

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Manchester City placed a 30% sell-on clause in the deal which took Frimpong to celtic Park, so should the club accept a £13.5m offer from any side, the Hoops would only receive £9.45m, with £4.05m heading to the Etihad. 

In modern football that's absolutely nothing though

If he's going to Leverkusen/Roma (2 teams i've seen branded about) then it's a top 5 league with clubs who gladly take a 10/15 million punt on a young player and see what happens

And for all their flaws, the taigs seem to have gotten good at punting shite players for decent fees the last few years. Something we should definitely be looking to do!

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

They ain't getting anywhere near £13.5m for him :lol:

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

In modern football that's absolutely nothing though

If he's going to Leverkusen/Roma (2 teams i've seen branded about) then it's a top 5 league with clubs who gladly take a 10/15 million punt on a young player and see what happens

And for all their flaws, the taigs seem to have gotten good at punting shite players for decent fees the last few years. Something we should definitely be looking to do!

They’ve wasted 10’s of millions so the amount they get is irrelevant. Let’s see what sort of players the likes of Jack Ross can bring to the team.