Which of the four players would we miss the most?

GOAT

Which of the four would you miss the most?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four would you miss the most?

• Goldson
    • Shagger
    • Davis
    • Tav

For me that should answer who the player of the year should be.  You can 100% notice the difference in the middle of the park when Davis doesn’t play.  But for me, I reckon out of everyone we’d 110% miss Goldson out of the four. 

so the polls not who you think POTY should be I’m asking who do you think we’d miss most.

As good as McGregor & Tav have been, we've had replacements in for them this season & we've not struggled in the games where McLaughlin/Patterson have played, so much so that people where questioning whether they would get back into the team. Not saying McLaughlin would've made the worldies McGregor has but I think we'd have still found a way through games. 

Goldson has been a mainstay & has been solid, would be interesting to see how the defence is without him, whether a partnership like Helander/Simpson or Balogun/Katic would work we simply don't know. 

For me tho it's got to be Davis, he's been immense, a 36 year old who has played more games than any other midfielder at the club this season whilst still representing his country. Gives you at least a 7/10 every single week & in the games he hasn't played you've noticed the difference, we're going to be hard pressed to find someone to replace him without spending a fortune. 

There has been times when i've said all 4 for poty as at times all 4 have had fantastic spells.

This has to be one of the hardest years to select a winner but i voted for Goldson simply because he's been there game in game out and hasn't really made a mistake that i can think of especially when Tavernier was out injured.

Mr. Reliable for me but like i said there is a case for all 4 of them.

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Better question might be which player would be the most difficult to replace.

I'm thinking good quality experienced goalkeepers may be at a premium.

I think we have a quality replacement in McLaughlin. He's got 8 clean sheets this season.

He's not as good as McGregor but who is.

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

For me that should answer who the player of the year should be.  You can 100% notice the difference in the middle of the park when Davis doesn’t play.  But for me, I reckon out of everyone we’d 110% miss Goldson out of the four. 

so the polls not who you think POTY should be I’m asking who do you think we’d miss most.

Not really, Patterson could cover for Tav and we wouldn't miss him, mclaughlin could cover for mcgregor and we might not miss him as much, Balogun could cover for Goldson but we don't have adequate cover for Davis. It's not a true reflection on how to decide who is player of the year. For me there's a bawhair in it between McGregor, Goldson and Tavernier. 

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

All 4 would be a huge loss, but on character and general mischievousness alone would be McGregor for sure. 

Seriously bugger off to pinpointing corners down the park. You were on here every minute up to us actually achieving 55 and then disappeared, odd behaviour. You bang on about being involved in other teams and what not in Eastbourne so go do that. I would not take your opinion on pretty much anything seriously.

You may be from Glasgow but doubt you are are a Rangers fan.

5 minutes ago, badjon said:

Seriously bugger off to pinpointing corners down the park. You were on here every minute up to us actually achieving 55 and then disappeared, odd behaviour. You bang on about being involved in other teams and what not in Eastbourne so go do that. I would not take your opinion on pretty much anything seriously.

You may be from Glasgow but doubt you are are a Rangers fan.

Wrong on every count, except I'm Glaswegian and proud of it, Do you have anything factual to add to all those inaccuracies ?

Seriously, bugger off to minding your own business, not mine. 

Good night and good riddance, look forward to not hearing from you again, unless you can't stop yourself.