Ken Bruce ,Radio 2

magic8ball

25 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Another bear at it again ,This will never get old .

Β 

Terry Munro from Govan just had a mention on the above show .

Β 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Heard thatπŸ˜€ good bluenose Ken from giffnock

21 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Reckon he has to be ,With a good name like that and pretty sure he’s from Fife ,He’s of an age where Fife was staunch as fuck .

I'm sure I've heard him on more thanΒ one occasion declaring he is a bear.

Looks like anyone with the genuine name of Terry Munro is doomed to ridicule for evermore, a bit like Bill Stickers.

20 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Reckon he has to be ,With a good name like that and pretty sure he’s from Fife ,He’s of an age where Fife was staunch as fuck .

He's from Glasgow, it's that Hutcheson's education that makes you think hes from FifeΒ :mutley:

But your right Fife was certainly staunch as I remember but that DAFC CEO appears to be doing all in his power to change that IMO and as for raith I dunno why we lend them players given their recent history regarding our club,

2 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I’m fine now mate but been a shite year for health and business but onward and up as they say.

Sorry to hearΒ about your health mate, not surprised about the business side unfortunately, but good to hear you are on the up again.Β :thumbup:Β 

Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

He's a bluenose. Talks about it in his autobiography iirc

EDIT: Aye, I'm sad enough to have Ken Bruce's autobiography.

TBF i worked with an older lass and shared an office with her for a few years. she had one of those massive boombox radios from the 80s (wedding present that still worked, had a tape player and the lot) so listened to radio 2 all day every day in the office. proper got into pop master and still listen now occasionally. always suspected he'd be a bear tbf. She'd have an aneurysm if you changed channel hahaha

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

TBF i worked with an older lass and shared an office with her for a few years. she had one of those massive boombox radios from the 80s (wedding present that still worked, had a tape player and the lot) so listened to radio 2 all day every day in the office. proper got into pop master and still listen now occasionally. always suspected he'd be a bear tbf. She'd have an aneurysm if you changed channel hahaha

When I was a lifeguard many years ago, we had to take the previous days' banking down to the branch. One of the council drivers would pick us up and take us there and back and always had Ken Bruce on. That was me hooked :lol:

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

Pop master is class ,I often beat both contestants,Not a hope in hell of winning if I went on ,Mind goes blank at the 3 in 10 and do well to get 1 nevermind 3 😁

36 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Pop master is class ,I often beat both contestants,Not a hope in hell of winning if I went on ,Mind goes blank at the 3 in 10 and do well to get 1 nevermind 3 😁

Haha I tried entering once while she was on annual leave (she listens at home every day too) and I fucked it at the preshow interview questions (they ask you 5 or 6 questions before you go on to make sure you aren't a complete numpty) was devastated πŸ˜‚

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Sorry to hearΒ about your health mate, not surprised about the business side unfortunately, but good to hear you are on the up again.Β :thumbup:Β 

Β 

Β 

Health is very good now , while I was in hospital I got the two transplants done to make me fit in with the locals, it’s amazing what you can do with 6 digits on each handπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Business is picking up although through the last year we downsized by 3 units which could have drained the others but haven’t, still 102 of the 125 staff we had so all is good the 23 decided to work outside the trade or got better offers.

Β 

2 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Health is very good now , while I was in hospital I got the two transplants done to make me fit in with the locals, it’s amazing what you can do with 6 digits on each handπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Business is picking up although through the last year we downsized by 3 units which could have drained the others but haven’t, still 102 of the 125 staff we had so all is good the 23 decided to work outside the trade or got better offers.

Β 

Yes the extra digit will be very handy.Β :lol:Β Seriously glad you are back on the mend.Β 

Your industry has been through a hellish time and it probably does not help thatΒ Sturgeon seems to hate anyone enjoying themselves in any way or having a wee drink.Β 

15 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes the extra digit will be very handy.Β :lol:Β Seriously glad you are back on the mend.Β 

Your industry has been through a hellish time and it probably does not help thatΒ Sturgeon seems to hate anyone enjoying themselves in any way or having a wee drink.Β 

Most will survive mate and many have prospered and will continue to do so, the two hour table booking was genius as punters would drink double the normal rate and the folk in the next two hours did the same, we have been luck as we do food and we are 30% up like for like 2 years ago.

I may even get a few days in Blackpool as a reward to myself πŸ˜‚

Hopefully you’re well and family, I heard Ken Bruce the other day playing a U2 new song called something like β€œWe are the People” and he had a chuckle

Β 

21 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Most will survive mate and many have prospered and will continue to do so, the two hour table booking was genius as punters would drink double the normal rate and the folk in the next two hours did the same, we have been luck as we do food and we are 30% up like for like 2 years ago.

I may even get a few days in Blackpool as a reward to myself πŸ˜‚

Hopefully you’re well and family, I heard Ken Bruce the other day playing a U2 new song called something like β€œWe are the People” and he had a chuckle

Β 

Good to hear that things for some have not maybe been too bad.

You get your trip to Blackpool booked.Β :thumbup:

Doing fineΒ mate, thanks. We had a week up in Shetland in June, had to cancel last years trip due to Covid, but enjoyed our short break visiting family and friends.

Good old Ken, used to listen to him a lot but never bother now, we are indeed the people.Β :coolio:Β