Overreacting

graeme_4

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Very poor performance today, and a horrendous 5 minutes through the week - but fuck me some are overreacting. 

Losing 2 games on the spin is never acceptable, but writing off players, their mentality and our management structure is just crazy. 

Have some faith in the champions to sort it out over the next few games. 

Over reacting? We lost to Dundee fucking United FFS!   

Not lost a league game in 40 games what do you expect it's hard to take for some people. Expectations are high being a Rangers fan. There's a few ego's in the team that need taken aside and told a few home truths. We need hungry individuals not ego's. This time last year we were thumping teams. A possible change in formation is needed. For instance young patterson would be bursting a gut today. Kelly would have been fine in midfield, Bassey for Barasic. 

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Over reacting? We lost to Dundee fucking United FFS!   

We’ve lost to worse teams and still won the league in the past. Not every title win has been won with an invincible season.

Just now, EMRFC said:

We’ve lost to worse teams and still won the league in the past. Not every title win has been won with an invincible season.

You’re right my man. But to lose in the manner we lost today is unacceptable. There was not enough effort. Hopefully you can agree on that. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People didn't actually expect us to go unbeaten in the league again this season surely? 

Had to happen, realistically.

Would have been almost miraculous to replicate last season.

Just hoped it would be a lot further down the line than matchday 2.

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Had to happen, realistically.

Would have been almost miraculous to replicate last season.

Just hoped it would be a lot further down the line than matchday 2.

Same. It's now what the players do next. Use it to go on another run or allow it to fester.

Come Tuesday we'll get the response 

My problem is you forget what it's like to lose. But with it being 2nd game into the season at least we can iron out our problems early doors. Am sure normal service will be resumed.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Same. It's now what the players do next. Use it to go on another run or allow it to fester.

Come Tuesday we'll get the response 

Yes - the response is the key to it.

Unfortunately, we’re in at the deep end a bit, with games coming thick & fast & no great time to work on things between matches.

Obviously, a bit of a break coming up with what should be a knock off league cup tie at the weekend, but too late to help with Tuesday’s CL qualifier.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Literally nothing we do as a support online will have any bearing on how the team perform on the pitch, so not having to read utter pish would certainly help me 

You've posted on here for 13 years, the fuck were you expecting after we got beat? It's always that way.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You've posted on here for 13 years, the fuck were you expecting after we got beat? It's always that way.

There’s being pissed off, or even analysing the game, and then there’s just nonsense for the sake of it. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye I posted that further up but I was responding to him saying that people not moaning aren’t benefiting anyone

Every time we have a bad game there's a negative reaction from some fans and then a major overreaction to that from other fans who act as if the players are going to read comments on page 50 of a match thread and be personally hurt by it

We lost, its shite but its not the end of the world. At the same time the players are grown adults who certainly should be able to take a but of stick. They're professionals and folk need to stop acting like fans being overly critical is some kind of personal attack on the players cause its not

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I don't think anybody is turning a blind eye to it though, pretty much everyone has acknowledged that we have been shite the last 2 games

Yep it's not been good enough. I'd say some have overreacted with wanting big players sold etc. 

Unfortunately we have seen those kind of performances before. Even last season St Mirren and St Johnstone in the cups and hibs and Hamilton away was poor but we got draws. 

Team showed it could bounce back and that's what we need badly come Tuesday night. Big win to get things on track.