***** The Official Champions Vs Malmo Match Thread*****

kelvd1873

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No. 

Don’t think we have a choice tbh. Our squad isn’t good enough to 100% guarantee the league. If we go get 2 x 7/8 million players it will give everyone a lift for a good European run and league title. I think Gerrard needs to demand it.

we found money for Kent late on when people said we couldn’t afford it. I’ve no doubt Gerrard will be making a few calls this morning. 

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Season started weeks ago ffs. 

Yea I know it has but clearly it hasn’t started for sone of out players. 

both fullbacks need dropped, Kent needs dropped. The only midfielder worth his place is Davis. 

Sakala  needs started, he can’t be any worse. 

There is players probably chomping at the bit to get started. Said players are not at it. As I said things need to change quick or it could be a king season for us, it’s not celtic I’m worried about it’s teams like Aberdeen and hibs I’d be worried about competing with. 

atm Lewis Ferguson doesn’t look like a bad signing. 

we’re fucking awful, the season has only started and we look tired. 

were playing like a team of individuals abd lacking confidence. 

players need dropped, they’re not good enough. 

12 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

Don’t think we have a choice tbh. Our squad isn’t good enough to 100% guarantee the league. If we go get 2 x 7/8 million players it will give everyone a lift for a good European run and league title. I think Gerrard needs to demand it.

we found money for Kent late on when people said we couldn’t afford it. I’ve no doubt Gerrard will be making a few calls this morning. 

If we spend £14m on two players and don't win the league what happens then? 

14 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

And say what? I made a cunt of it last night, the players made a cunt of it last night, we threw £40m away. Can I have some more money please?

Beat at home against a 10 man average Swedish team after being 1-0 up. Apart from the goal we never even began to threaten. Shite all over the pitch but the midfield has huge gaps in it. Davis tries but we have nothing in there - Gerrard has serious problems to fix. This side will drop points regularly this season  

5 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I’m still fuckin disgusted at last night’s performance. Fuckin shocking 

Its the only word to describe it - Disgusting. One of the best chances ever to make the group stage and they turn in that shite - one of the worst performances I’ve seen at Ibrox. Off the back of the pish we saw on Sat and Malmö last week - bunch of utter shitebags - I swear Barasic was going to fucking greet at one point the state his head was down. We didn’t give them any sort of challenge over both games 

7 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Beat at home against a 10 man average Swedish team after being 1-0 up. Apart from the goal we never even began to threaten. Shite all over the pitch but the midfield has huge gaps in it. Davis tries but we have nothing in there - Gerrard has serious problems to fix. This side will drop points regularly this season  

Our midfield simply didn’t work last night. If I see Davis, Arfield and Aribo starting as a 3 in midfield again, I’m gonnae greet! They looked knackered after 25 minutes.

Malmo had us sussed but it’s easy to suss us out when we make it easy. Punt balls into the box all night for their defenders to swallow up and keep us to long range shots. Some of our players couldn’t hit a barn door from distance.

5 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

It’s all fine margins. Start of 2nd half Alfie has a great chance with keeper out their goal. He keeps it lower and it’s 2-0, we are through and heavy favourites against Ludogorets.

we can’t let this one defeats derail our season, I expect a cricket score against Dunfermline 

It shouldn’t be fine margins. Malmo are shite

12 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

It’s all fine margins. Start of 2nd half Alfie has a great chance with keeper out their goal. He keeps it lower and it’s 2-0, we are through and heavy favourites against Ludogorets.

we can’t let this one defeats derail our season, I expect a cricket score against Dunfermline 

Should be expecting that anyway. Now it’ll be nervy as fuck, bordering on poisonous if we’re struggling on Friday

1 hour ago, Dave Whelan said:

Not even hiding it

53 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Our midfield simply didn’t work last night. If I see Davis, Arfield and Aribo starting as a 3 in midfield again, I’m gonnae greet! They looked knackered after 25 minutes.

Malmo had us sussed but it’s easy to suss us out when we make it easy. Punt balls into the box all night for their defenders to swallow up and keep us to long range shots. Some of our players couldn’t hit a barn door from distance.

Some can’t seem to hit a barn door when standing right next to it, either.

Can’t get over the fact that bar winning the league this season that’ll be our easiest ever qualifying route into the CL for the next decade easily. 

We’re clearly a Europa league team but let’s be honest so are Malmo and Ludogorets. 

I was absolutely hounded on here on Saturday but the players mentality needs to be questioned big time. I don’t want to think it but I think it’s pretty clear they can’t deal with pressure in highly charged situations. I hope am wrong and we go on another 30 odd game unbeaten run but at the moment we’ll be lucky to come out this month with anything to shout about 

These two teams in the Europa are ranked 357 and 359 by co-efficient. We are ranked 40. Means absolutely nothing but gives us an idea of their possible quality.

We should be giving them a doing at Ibrox and then taking it easy away from home before we play the taigs.

Think there is something in they can’t handle the pressure theory. Collapsed last night and vs St Johnstone twice and St Mirren last season when we should be winning 3/4-0 against those teams. Would like to think that the players didn’t think because we were so far in front of the unwashed and the league was won that they could just turn up and win in those games but they could have.

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

78th min was the next shot at goal after the goal

I can't say I'm surprised. The new year slumps were nothing to do with dubai, they came after achieving a goal - beating celtic fir the first time and then beating them at theirs etc. We then slumped. What this team needs to learn to do is to keep going even after achieving something. We scored to even the game up and then, that achieved, didn't keep going. This ream has to learn to do that. There are other things too, like players returning at different times, contract negotiations, and no eyropa qualifiers which had previously provided match fitness and confidence boosts. At this point Gerrard needs to recognise that some key players need a rest/refocus, some combinations/tactics aren't working and that we are a little stale bit the expectations are high. This team is evolving still and is still a europa league team. We do need to focus on winning this league and gaining the champions league money next year.

Still raging about last night. Tavernier's first touch is comical. He can't control the ball dead and does this stupid flick up which then takes another touch to control the ball. Balance of the centre halves was shite. Balogun on the left doesnt work when we are pressed as he either misplaced a pass / clearance or launched it out the park. Arfield is finished at that level. Will do ok against mid to low table spl teams but that's it. Kent was also really poor. We continued to put in shite cross after shite cross which was also infuriating. Goldson has cost us a goal in every game so far that we have conceded in. Need to pull the finger out fast as a team.