Gerrard

sausagetrunks

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Disagree. This one is not on Gerrard, it is solely on the players. He took Kent off at HT because he recognized it.

With Kamara out, it was either Lundstram or Arfield? Hindsight is easy...

To be fair, I think Arfield is done. Looks three years older than Davis, not three years younger. His booking was pathetic.

Kelly to get his chance (ahead of Bacuna) and keep Arfield & Lundstram purely for emergencies.

22 minutes ago, middli said:

Not thrilled with that longer interview. Basically he is relying on Tav, Goldson etc getting their act together and bringing the dressing room along. Also keeps talking about 'superhuman efforts' but neglects to mention Aribo and particularly Hagi who ran themselves into the ground 2nd half yet praises Davis and Goldson continuously who were OK last night nothing more. 

Agreed with that hagi and Aribo were the only ones putting in real effort and commitment. 

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I think Gerrard is having a pop at Goldson. Talking about how the team needs to unite and be in it together 

No chance.

From Rangers TV: “I thought some of the lads’ efforts tonight were superhuman. I think our supporters will know who I’m talking about – Steven Davis, Calvin Bassey, Scott Wright when he came on. Connor Goldson did everything we asked. I thought a lot of individuals, especially in the second-half, were superhuman."

45 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To be fair, I think Arfield is done. Looks three years older than Davis, not three years younger. His booking was pathetic.

Kelly to get his chance (ahead of Bacuna) and keep Arfield & Lundstram purely for emergencies.

I'd agree on Arfield, whether he's kept on playing international football too long or theres another reason, but he just doesn't look the player he was.

I'm keen to see Kelly get a chance, he got about 30 seconds last night and I don't blame the gaffer not sending him on earlier in that type of match, but would be good to see him get more chances.

Perhaps our Fan media could ask Gerrard:-

1. What’s the state of play with Ryan Jack and accept no babble about back training with team soon etc.

2. Where the fuck is Sakala?

3. Why do some players look so unfit?

4. Why at home to Alashkert and away to Dundee Hibs are we persisting in playing 3 CDM’s?

5. Why when we are struggling do we automatically resort to launching high balls into a 5ft 9 striker who is in box all by himself.

Instead they’ll be asking him what his favourite cheese is and what he’s fancying for dinner.

25 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I can't believe he didn't mention Hagi. He ran through cramp to put a tackle in. Hagi has started this season really well. 

Thought Hagi was one of the few decent performers 1st half but he stood up when needed in the 2nd half and put in a cracking shift with some quality.

He adapted well to being deeper in midfield than normal.

9 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

as much as Goldson has been crap, i thought he played well tonight. didnt have to do much but looked back to himself

I've been a big critic of Goldson this season but there wasn't much to call him out for in this game apart from a dodgy backpass to McGregor early doors. 

31 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Perhaps our Fan media could ask Gerrard:-

1. What’s the state of play with Ryan Jack and accept no babble about back training with team soon etc.

2. Where the fuck is Sakala?

3. Why do some players look so unfit?

4. Why at home to Alashkert and away to Dundee Hibs are we persisting in playing 3 CDM’s?

5. Why when we are struggling do we automatically resort to launching high balls into a 5ft 9 striker who is in box all by himself.

Instead they’ll be asking him what his favourite cheese is and what he’s fancying for dinner.

Sakala is injured. The commentators mentioned it last night.

9 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

And yet we didnt, you would perhaps think a manager would notice that and make some tactical tweaks like a formation change.... Oh wait we only play one formation and one specific way. 

We need a plan B, this is heading into warburton territory where plan b is play plan A better. Teams have learned how to combat our play we need to adapt and learn some new tricks or its going to lead to many frustrating nights. 

To be fair our Plan B, or alternative plan was suspended last night.

Morelos and Roofe are superb together and give us a different dynamic up top completely.

29 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

To be fair our Plan B, or alternative plan was suspended last night.

Morelos and Roofe are superb together and give us a different dynamic up top completely.

Plan B can't be down to the availability of just one player FFS. 

23 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

How long has he been injured and when is he due back?

He’s barely kicked a ball.

I have no idea, I can only remember Tom saying he was out with an slight injury. I was too pissed off to retain any information.

5 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I agree. I love Scotty more than most players on the team but I think his Rangers time is coming to an end. He still gets a game ahead of Kelly when he probably shouldn't.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Watching Gerrard Rangers TV interview back and the first thing he says is "I can't really say what I want to say." I fucking hate that cop out bullshit. If you can't say it, why even reference it.

I think he meant "in public"

That's not a cop-out, that's keeping the contents of their discussion in-house.

He had obviously let the players have it but would you really want him to share his thoughts/comments on live TV?

Nah.