DR gunning for Heart and Hand

magic8ball

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Wee guy who lived on my street went through nondenominational primary with my boy both good pals and Rangers daft, my boy then went on to the local nondenominational high school while the others mum decide to send him to a Catholic high school in another town, within weeks he was jumping about in tarriers tops calling my boy an orange bastard, zombie and other shit. That didn’t end well for him btw but just shows the level of brain washing that goes on in these places.

I suppose what I'm saying is the concept of having denominational schools isn't intrinsically the issue - it's the individuals. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Wee guy who lived on my street went through nondenominational primary with my boy both good pals and Rangers daft, my boy then went on to the local nondenominational high school while the others mum decide to send him to a Catholic high school in another town, within weeks he was jumping about in tarriers tops calling my boy an orange bastard, zombie and other shit. That didn’t end well for him btw but just shows the level of brain washing that goes on in these places.

What happened to him?

12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be fair, Australians do have a bit of a different bar of measuring things.

"That's not sectarianism, this is sectarianism!" - Crocodile Dundee

If a Scottish person had done this, they would have been in jail quicker than you could say "throw another shrimp on the barbie!"

True. 

Aussie freedoms get a lot of protection from the Murdoch press. 

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be fair, Australians do have a bit of a different bar of measuring things.

"That's not sectarianism, this is sectarianism!" - Crocodile Dundee

If a Scottish person had done this, they would have been in jail quicker than you could say "throw another shrimp on the barbie!"

Minchin has performed that song countless times in Scotland.

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yes, but I suggest he gets a far easier ride because he isnt a Scottish born Rangers fan.

My point is that it would have been treated far differently if he was.

He gets an easier ride because it's a bit from a comedy show.

Just now, The Dude said:

It would almost certainly be exempt.

Common sense would suggest that. But doesn't the bill cover the arts if it can be argued it is intentionally inflammatory? Constantly saying " fuck the pope" and calling him a "filthy motherfucker"  could easily be interpreted that way.