DR gunning for Heart and Hand

magic8ball

10 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

BTW, I've been  thinking about this the past few days; how does the whole "Irish racism" and "Irish community" thing work when we're talking about Scots? 

My Mum's side are Irish Catholic immigrants, which technically makes me (half) 4th generation Irish immigrant, but I wouldn't be classed as that by anyone in Scotland because I support Rangers. My opinion on what it's like as someone of Irish descent living in Scotland would never be asked. I wouldn't even be classed as part of the "Irish community". I don't feel Irish, because I'm not. But I'm probably more Irish than a lot of their fans who claim to take offence and shout about "Irish racism". If its about racism and not football, why would my opinion matter less than someone who maybe has no Irish blood, or its just much further back, but supports celtic?

I think I've just waffled a lot of rubbish there because I'm sleeped deprived from one of the kids being sick, but I'm sure you can figure out what I'm getting at.

I'm 1/4 5th generation Irish. Should start an ethnic Irish Scottish supporters club to give the alternative Irish viewpoint. Couldn't ignore us, cause that would be no better than no platforming an ethnocultural subset. Denying a minority a voice. Racism. Take this playing them at their own game to a whole new level yaas 

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fuckin Reported!

Ill no be having sectarian fucking eyes posted at me!

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Tiocfaidh ár lá

In fairness to you both the majority of the west of Scotland will have some Irish blood in them, me included.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Nondenominational, open to all unlike the bigot factory’s. 

Not the sole cause of sectarianism but plays a massive part in brain washing these mutant cunts that then go into jobs in places where they can influence others with their poisonous mindsets 

To be fair, so are the catholic ones, hence me going there.

There is an expectation that more catholics will go to it, which is enough to make the segregation an issue.

Has any mainstream media outlets reported the vile behaviour of DR employees yet or is this just going to be another internet storm in a tea cup and ignored and forgot about in a weeks time when the spot light will be turned again on our fans traveling to perth?

Some posters in here need to wisen up, if you think the DR are just gonna take this lying down you're sadly mistaken. 

It won't be the first time journos have dipped into a forum for a bit of scandal. 

Need to be smarter, we're at war here and you're loading their weapons. 

Just now, DennyBlueNose said:

Some posters in here need to wisen up, if you think the DR are just gonna take this lying down you're sadly mistaken. 

It won't be the first time journos have dipped into forum for a bit of scandal. 

Who’s loading their weapons here and by posting what exactly mate not getting your point here? 

6 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

It won't be the first time journos have dipped into forum for a bit of scandal. 

This. Be careful what's being posted folks. Let the journalists take the heat not our own 👍

5 minutes ago, kanjo said:

This. Be careful what's being posted folks. Let the journalists take the heat not our own 👍

We have the moral high ground. We love our club and its football. We're a club for everyone. The DR journalists are the ones posting vile bigoted, homophobic, Islamaphobic, pro-terrorist bile all over social media. They deserve to be removed from positions of journalism (and the law) for the good of society.

Just now, kanjo said:

I don't think the media really care about what random Joe Publics on RM are saying, especially as they can't even be properly identified. If they did, they could dip in here on any given day and get screenshots of sectarian quotes. They're only interested in the scalps of those with a high profile within the club.

20 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Nondenominational, open to all unlike the bigot factory’s. 

Not the sole cause of sectarianism but plays a massive part in brain washing these mutant cunts that then go into jobs in places where they can influence others with their poisonous mindsets 

FYI - I live in Australia and it's massively common for non-Catholics to send their kids to Catholic schools, as they're essentially ultra-cheap private schools. And they create no sectarian problem here. 

22 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

It won't be the first time journos have dipped into a forum for a bit of scandal. 

If they really wanted to they could start an account on here, post some bigotry then screenshot and publish it. Doesn’t really achieve much when everyone is anonymous and could be literally anyone.

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke66 said:

FYI - I live in Australia and it's massively common for non-Catholics to send their kids to Catholic schools, as they're essentially ultra-cheap private schools. And they create no sectarian problem here. 

To be fair, Australians do have a bit of a different bar of measuring things.

"That's not sectarianism, this is sectarianism!" - Crocodile Dundee

If a Scottish person had done this, they would have been in jail quicker than you could say "throw another shrimp on the barbie!"