*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

3 minutes ago, ESWF said:

When do the likes of Wright & Hagi start doing it consistently? Wright is an Aberdeen level player in a Rangers shirt.

Wright and Hagi haven’t scored since Middle of August.

Kent hasn’t scored at all.

Aribo has started every game and scored 2 goals.

That’s absolutely pathetic in all honesty and compare with likes of Turnbull, Jota at them.

Enough chances to have been out of sight. Didn't take them and got punished. 

Why we sat back in the final minutes I'll never know. How many times have we been burnt trying to see out a 1-0. 

Manager fucked up leaving Alfie on, everyone could see he wasn't having a good game. 

4 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

first time ive seen a ref blow bang on time and just as we where attacking too :whistle:

The ref wasn't the problem, the subs were, plus a striker that can't score worth a fuck right now. If Sakala can't even warrant a sub appearance may aswell just sell him just now! 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Over 3 years and still is unable to see a game out properly. 

I mean I get it’s happened twice this season, but we were top class at it last year. 

The result is on McGregor and Morelos for me. We played well today, made great chances and Morelos fluffed everyone of them before McGregor absolutely shat the bed. 

The first 80 mins were our best performance of the season. 

1 minute ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Morelos needs to go - misses  / snatches at everything.  hope he's away in January and we can find an actual goal scorer

ye, expect grief here but just saying how it is

No one’s buying him in current form as he’s regressed so much 

I feel sorry for Shagger.

The goal was his fault and he knows it. Walked off close to tears. He will be raging with himself.

He made a lot of good saves during the match too.

I am scunnered. We dropped 2 points with a silly error.

We should have scored more tbh so not all Shaggers fault. Good first half then took our foot off the pedal in the second.

Morelos has never been a clinical striker and you can never accuse him of having great technical ability 

What he did used to do though was hold the ball up, put himself about, making himself a nuisance for defenders and he had a burst of pace to take a man on and get a shot away.

He’s doing absolutely none of that just now 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I mean I get it’s happened twice this season, but we were top class at it last year. 

The result is on McGregor and Morelos for me. We played well today, made great chances and Morelos fluffed everyone of them before McGregor absolutely shat the bed. 

The first 80 mins were our best performance of the season. 

We rode our luck and didn't have 50k shouting at the team when they decide to shit their pants from the 80th minute. 

Proper teams can always see games out.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We were very unlucky. We had the right crew on the pitch and were far better than them... they got very lucky and we need a striker on that actually puts them away. 

We need to make our own luck. Starting by dropping a striker who can't score simple chances and a winger who spends most of his time on his arse or losing the ball.

20 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Dreadful up front and defence is a leaky old tub, you cannot guarantee they will keep anyone out.

Its ok weaving pretty pictures all over midfield but if you don’t create and don’t defend your gonna win fuck all.

Aye mistake fae shagger but you could see it coming, midfield just allows teams to attack through them.

First half superb swinging the ball all over the place but no end product apart from a ripper of a shot.

The midfield were doing fine until Gerrard made the changes that stopped us from doing all the good things we were doing in the first half.  Davis, Lundstram and Kamara never works as a midfield because you have too many similar players trying to do the same things.  Having Aribo and Hagi dropping in their to make passes and get things moving forwards is when we play at our best.

Creating chances was definitely not the issue today.  It was Morelos being unable to take any of the simple chances we created for him.