If you could change one result

scottyc06

6 hours ago, Jamie29 said:

I always remember the game against Victoria Zizkov at Ibrox when we went out on away goals right at the end.

I was about 12 years old at the time and could not get my head around the away goals rule. I was absolutely gutted and felt like we had been robbed. Was never an away goals fan after that.

Sure Klos had a header off the line near the end too. Might be dreaming though. 

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Sure Klos had a header off the line near the end too. Might be dreaming though. 

Nope that happened, from a corner that they got a guy sent off for clattering someone off the ball iirc, or at least something happened and there was a debate about how we didnt get a penalty in the boozer after it

5 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

I cannot include Manchester. The SFA made sure we had no chance in that game. Bastards.

For me it's Marseille. We could have won the CL that year but were robbed of a spot in the final. 

I'd say Marseille as well. The team we had that season was incredible and we got cheated by the bribing bastards. 

18 hours ago, plumbGER said:

First time my boy ever wanted to leave early, shambles.

We stayed in our seats to the very end, as in the players going down the tunnel. Good lot of people in the Main Stand stood and applauded Annan off the park. Bit of class from us, not their fault we were shite.

McCulloch's wet blanket of a sliding tackle at the second goal - still makes me depressed to think about it.....

4 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd say Marseille as well. The team we had that season was incredible and we got cheated by the bribing bastards. 

Won’t disagree about the bribing, but apart from the last 20mins at Ibrox, on the park anyway, they were a lot better than us. IMO of course.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

In our entire history the one result you would change is a draw away in Copenhagen during the Europa League group stages that nobody will give a second thought to in a year or twos time? 

It was a joke mate. I gave my proper answer on the first page. Go and put the kettle on.😀

Already said Marseille, but another one that really hurt me goes way back to April 27 1968 last game of the season v the sheep at Ibrox, we had gone through the entire season unbeaten but still had to win that last game to be crowned champions, I was standing in the copland road end and couldn't believe it as we were beaten 3-2 to lose out on the championship, and those cunts went on to win 9IAR, I was broken hearted and have never been able to completely wipe it from my memory.

Manchester is an obvious one. But I'd add the game vinegar of castlemilk scored at the end for the tarriers after Cuellar had got sent off. We had an almighty end to the season and winning the league would have helped make the season mean more for the extreme effort input. 

Surprised none of the older bears have mentioned the league decider at the piggery in 1979.....John Greigs first season could easily have ended with a treble and a run to the quarter final of the European Cup....for sentimental reasons it would have been fitting if our greatest ever servant delivered the treble as a manger to go with his three as a player

1 hour ago, ready1873 said:

Manchester is an obvious one. But I'd add the game vinegar of castlemilk scored at the end for the tarriers after Cuellar had got sent off. We had an almighty end to the season and winning the league would have helped make the season mean more for the extreme effort input. 

Please no

Think it's got to be Manchester, the high of just being in the final was phenomenal, everything about it. The sheer amount of Rangers fans in the same place was something I'll take to the grave.

Then coming back up the road the next day was such a low, thinking what could have been?

Also kind of agree with @Monkey Butler if we had beat Malmö that year McCoist took over I doubt the shit would have hit the fan the way it did, although if you flip that, if we did win we would have had Whyte gambling with the club for the next few year that we got into the CL, so probably would've just prolonged the agony.

13 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Surprised none of the older bears have mentioned the league decider at the piggery in 1979.....John Greigs first season could easily have ended with a treble and a run to the quarter final of the European Cup....for sentimental reasons it would have been fitting if our greatest ever servant delivered the treble as a manger to go with his three as a player

They have