Accounts 20/21

esquire8

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbh i still think 4.2mill pure profit is decent given covid furlough, job losses, reduced wages etc, given the nature of our finances last few years, having guaranteed cash every year (like the jjb deal) is something that cannot be dismissed lightly 

If there is startup costs then even better for next years merch figure đź‘Ť

I definitely expect next year's to be better, agreed.

Since Covid, only 10 clubs in Europe (1%) have made a profit.

European ClubNet Profit (2019-2021) 

ChelseaÂŁ33 million

NapoliÂŁ30 million

LiverpoolÂŁ29 million

AtalantaÂŁ26 million

AjaxÂŁ20 million

NewcastleÂŁ14 million

VillarrealÂŁ12 million

AZ AlkmaarÂŁ8 million

RB LeipzigÂŁ4 million

Norwich CityÂŁ3 million

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

ChelseaÂŁ33 million

NapoliÂŁ30 million

LiverpoolÂŁ29 million

AtalantaÂŁ26 million

AjaxÂŁ20 million

NewcastleÂŁ14 million

VillarrealÂŁ12 million

AZ AlkmaarÂŁ8 million

RB LeipzigÂŁ4 million

Norwich CityÂŁ3 million

Fuck me - Newcastle!!

Maybe fat Mike isn't that bad after all!!

4 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

8m for a young right back should of been accepted. We have held onto the likes of morelos too long and lost value. 8m for a guy sitting on our bench was a great offer. Patterson to be worth 20m or whatever will need to play for a reasonable period of time(and obviously be as good as we hope he will). Big risk with tav unlikely to be dislodged this or next season.

Sorry mate, haven't read the rest of the thread yet but you're a maniac.

We were supposed to find players and turn them over for a profit. We've really failed miserably at that.

That was the point of having this director of football types that scout talent and ensure like for like is found and the team doesn't suffer.

I take it we no longer want to do that? Just get more and more debt to look no better than average.

39 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

ChelseaÂŁ33 million

NapoliÂŁ30 million

LiverpoolÂŁ29 million

AtalantaÂŁ26 million

AjaxÂŁ20 million

NewcastleÂŁ14 million

VillarrealÂŁ12 million

AZ AlkmaarÂŁ8 million

RB LeipzigÂŁ4 million

Norwich CityÂŁ3 million

I get Ajax being in profit with being in the Champions League every year, but surprised another Dutch team is in amongst that as well, must've had some good player sales surely.

42 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

ChelseaÂŁ33 million

NapoliÂŁ30 million

LiverpoolÂŁ29 million

AtalantaÂŁ26 million

AjaxÂŁ20 million

NewcastleÂŁ14 million

VillarrealÂŁ12 million

AZ AlkmaarÂŁ8 million

RB LeipzigÂŁ4 million

Norwich CityÂŁ3 million

Surprised that Bayern are not there as they were in Bild, German equivalent of the Sun pretty much saying that. Remember they won the Covid CL so must have a cash injection.

2 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

I get Ajax being in profit with being in the Champions League every year, but surprised another Dutch team is in amongst that as well, must've had some good player sales surely.

AZ sold most of there main players in the summer, Stengs, Boadu and Koopmeiners all left. 

Would hazard a guess at about 50 million for those 3 alone. 

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Ross Wilson is an overrated failure.  Wilson, Gerrard and our own board have missed the boat in terms of capitalising on last season.  Their miscalculation has cost us literally millions.  It actually hurts to look at that.

How the fuck are you still a mod on here?

There's genuinely no rebuttal to this kind of shit because it's absolutely nonsense.

@GabrielTomato@MisterC@Creampuff

3 hours ago, grfc1872 said:

COVID Insurance Policy needs to be explained.

Will it Wipe out Revenue lost From Matchdays ?

The notes say that neither the timing nor the amount are known 

We've already received ÂŁ2.5m (ÂŁ1.25m in 19/20 accounts and ÂŁ1.25m in 20/21 accounts)

My guess (maybe it's hope) is that these relate to season 19/20 - claim made for Mar/Apr/May paid in June/July hence split in the year end accounts.

Hopefully there's a significant settlement coming and fair play to the board for having business continuity insurance in place, it's expensive and rarely claimable. It might turn out to be absolutely invaluable

13 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Firstly, I don't moderate honest opinion.  I simply try to stop posters abusing each other and try to prevent totally unacceptable posts from being posted on the Forum.

We lost £23.5 million last year, or hadn't you noticed?  Yes Covid had a huge impact but the majority of us still paid for season tickets..  We all bought the (seriously over-priced) merchandise.  We were supposed to make a profit on player sales, in 3.5 years when has that happened?    Do you actually think that I like to criticise our Club???   I want the best for us on and off the park.   Goldson hasn't signed a new contract with us and in December he'll be 29.  He can sign a pre-contract just after that and goes for zilch in the summer.  Barisic looked like he had played his last game after beating the tims.  Wtf was his "final" lap of honour about?  It certainly wasn't the usual after-match applause.   He definitely looked like a player on the way out.  I'm not in the least impressed with our recent signings in the summer.   

Sakala, Lundstram, Bacuna, Ofoborh.   Have any been remotely a success?

We can't give away the flops we have signed such as Hastie & Barker.  Simpson still has 3.5 years on a contract????

We have played about 20+ games this season and hardly any have been good to watch.  If the tims hadn't been struggling the RM and every other RFC forum would be going mental.  I love Gerrard for his demeanour and press conferences.  I'm struggling with the playing side of our club though.

If you have read down to this point then please tell me which parts of my post are shit and give your opinion.  This is not a flippant request, I'm totally serious.  In fact, it is exactly what RM is for.

Your take on Barisic is strange unless you actually believe that Roma had bid 11million for him and we knocked it back.....it was a internet rumour based on the guy coming off the park after a tough start to the season for himself on a personal basis because of injury and he looked more emotional than normal 

Wilson is still here so him being a success or failure is still to be determined 

But given the criticism mark allan gets, who actually assembled most of gerrards title winning squad, then Wilson will need to perform a good bit more before he goes if he wants to be applauded for his time at the club

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wilson is still here so him being a success or failure is still to be determined 

But given the criticism mark allan gets, who actually assembled most of gerrards title winning squad, then Wilson will need to perform a good bit more before he goes if he wants to be applauded for his time at the club

Yeah it's strange how both are viewed.

Morelos and Kent will have 12 months left in the Summer so need sold or extend their contracts. 

I think the assets we can realistically sell are Hagi (10m plus going by speculation), Kamara 15m plus and Patterson 10m plus.

Last year I would have said Borna and Moreols for 20m each but you'd be lucky to get 15m for them combined. That's due to form and the lack of medium sized spending.

Criticism of Ross Wilson is harsh, yes we need to move to a player trading model, but hardly any clubs were getting the fees they wanted for players due to Covid. 

The one area I’d argue he got wrong, was not selling Goldson for £5-7million and reinvesting that in a CB. I understand why we didn’t, because we didn’t want to set a precedent of selling low, but we weren’t going to get more for him in that market. 

Next summer if we get 56, will be the real test for our DOF. He’s going to have to break up some of the core of that side to freshen things up, but he needs to get good value for the likes of Morelos, Borna and anyone else who’s contract is running down. 

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

ChelseaÂŁ33 million

NapoliÂŁ30 million

LiverpoolÂŁ29 million

AtalantaÂŁ26 million

AjaxÂŁ20 million

NewcastleÂŁ14 million

VillarrealÂŁ12 million

AZ AlkmaarÂŁ8 million

RB LeipzigÂŁ4 million

Norwich CityÂŁ3 million

The problem with this is I assume tv money is included which skews any comparison with Rangers or any Scottish club; Hundreds of millions a year compared with a few million for SPFL champions.

19 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Criticism of Ross Wilson is harsh, yes we need to move to a player trading model, but hardly any clubs were getting the fees they wanted for players due to Covid. 

The one area I’d argue he got wrong, was not selling Goldson for £5-7million and reinvesting that in a CB. I understand why we didn’t, because we didn’t want to set a precedent of selling low, but we weren’t going to get more for him in that market. 

Next summer if we get 56, will be the real test for our DOF. He’s going to have to break up some of the core of that side to freshen things up, but he needs to get good value for the likes of Morelos, Borna and anyone else who’s contract is running down. 

It's a huge test next summer for our DOF and recruitment. 

As it stands:

We have Goldson, Balogun, McGregor, Davis and Arfield out of contract. 

We will then also have Kent, Morelos, Aribo, Jack and Helander entering thier final year. 

It's going to be a huge turnover needed.