Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Something as a club we're going to have to learn to do deal with is star performers are going to draw considerable attention and quickly. And they will more than likely be easily lured away

If morelos had banged the goals in during the latter stages of europa league, or scored to get us to champs league and then scored in the league, he'd be off. 

3 minutes ago, Amato said:

Only realistic target that will cushion the blow for me is Gio. Good track record with Feyenoord, has the Rangers connection, has played at the highest level

Yep gio for as well he’s the best we could go for,won cup then league with feyenoord then served a year under Pep.

Maybe rino but think he’s to volatile for us

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

No we need to get the right man in. Not just hire someone cause we are playing Hibs 

Can see both arguments, depends if the players heads drop after Gerrard walks

If their heads drop & we lose against Hibs/Sparta the season could easily derail very quickly 

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

No we need to get the right man in. Not just hire someone cause we are playing Hibs 

Had someone in this thread earlier saying we should have someone appointed in 24-48 hours if we have any sort of competency about us :lol:

People are mental 

24 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Not really fair considering his words regarding our club after only knowing one in his heart and whatnot.

I don’t buy into it all personally, but you can’t blame some others for thinking he got the bug as such.

Actions speak louder than words

I'm naturally pessimistic but Ross Wilson is an experienced professional and I'm trying to have some faith in the idea that he's got extensive succession planning in place for an eventuality like this. You would hope he asked Gerrard if he would want to speak to Newcastle when that link presented itself and, if Gerrard said yes, I'd imagine we began very tentative contact with a few candidates of our own then, just in case. Let's hope he can just re-start those conversations and get this sorted ASAP. 

13 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Don't get the fuss over GVB to be honest and he wouldn't get near the funding that he did at Feyenoord.

You just need to look at his time at Guangzhou to see how did with limited funds.

This is a bonkers point. Feyenoord made big profits basically every season on transfers. If anything that’s exactly like the job he’ll face here.