Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

The worst thing is I don’t think the board saw this coming, hopefully they’re not on the back foot and inviting applications, hopefully they have a target ready to go.

Can’t forgive Gerrard leaving us in this position 

I’m sure he would love the Liverpool job, but he can’t put his life on hold waiting for it. 
Villa have a great history and are a big club, and will probably pay him half a million a month. 
I do wonder if debt discussions have swayed him to move. 

lets get Lampard in. 

On 09/11/2021 at 11:03, NeoGeo7 said:

I’m not pretending either, it’s a thing called a judge of character, it’s not science or fact, just one persons view of another.

You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet over this one, or am I not allowed to say that either as I need to have an insight into every aspect of your personal life and psyche before I can make that determination.

If he goes then we’ll give you your gold star and pat on the back because you said that he doesn’t have integrity or loyalty

I'm waiting...

Just now, Sid2103 said:

Did notice how our statement didn't mention when would be taking charge in the short term. 

Gives me hope we have something lined up, or at least are working on getting something official pretty quickly. 

Thought that as well.

Nothing about "we will now start the search for his replacement" or anything like that. Might be reading too much into it though 

16 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I think he'll do fairly well and cement a position just outside the top 8/9 which will ultimately he enough to class him as a success. 

Feel he's built for a team like Villa in a league like the EPL. We have tended to perform best against teams 'better' than us i.e in Europe where there aren't 10 men behind the ball and we break with pace. This style of play is far easier to implement for Villa than it is Rangers which will suit him.

In saying that the league down there is brutal. All it takes is one or two injuries, one or two last minute defeats and the morale drops and before you know it you're on the end of defeat after defeat with no easy way out.

That's why being a football manager is brutal, there are so many variables and factors outwith your control and ultimately 'luck' can play a significant role in your success. That's why you can't judge managers on their performances at individual clubs (i.e Moyes at Utd or GVB in China) but instead their have to look over a prolonged period to eliminate periods of significant variance.

Ultimately think there's a greater chance of him being a 'success' than not but anything can happen.

Pretty much what I think too. I think he’s inheriting a squad that has a lot of players who will fit his system and style to a tee.

4 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Honestly wish him all the best. Stopped 10iar and will forever be a Rangers hero. 

Now must find a suitable replacement and pronto

Exactly how I see it. Can you imagine how insufferable those cunts would be if they won 10? Gutted he's gone but there is no denying the team have stagnated this season. Could end up one of the best things to happen to us. Up to the board to appoint a cracking cracking replacement. Need to get this spot on