Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Best of luck to SG , but he's on a hiding to nothing I can't help but think.  

Rangers needed Gerrard and he needed us , it was a big risk for both.  He's done well with us but some of the performances and tactics were unusual . 

It's sink or swim time , admire his bottle taking the job on , but he's been listening to his own press I think .

23 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Found it straight after I hit post 🤣 watched 2 mins and turned it off.

There is no way he didn’t find out about the move on the Wednesday.

Couldn't bare watching the rest. Everything sounded scripted.

can’t help think he’s lying thro his teeth.

22 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Never realised how much of a punchable face he had. Comes across like a right smarmy prick in that Villa interview. Once you realise the 'professional man of integrity' act is just something he puts on, hard not to see right through him.

Ah well fuck him. He's ancient history now.

He’s good though I’ll give him that. Used to watch his interviews with us and thought he was a class act - spoke well, answered questions well and thought he was a credit to himself and the club.

He was always leaving but the manner he did it and his interviews since going shows how much he had us sucked in. 

A real arrogant appearance now but he won’t fail - not because he’s a good coach but because they have the basis of a good side there plus the fact he’ll get a load of cash to splash. 

Hope I’m wrong though - would love to see the smarmy prick fall flat on his face 

45 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Haven't seen the interview but you can't fake the emotion of that first paedodome win, or when he lifted 55.

Some of you acting like scorned schoolgirls scraping out the name of a boy they had etched onto their metal compass tin.

Did winning at the paedodome bother you?  

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

First contact Wednesday 😂 

Was he not just arriving in London before 12 on Wednesday with his wee suit in hand and agent/advisor by his side?

What a Wednesday morning he must have had! 

I just endured that 12 minute interview. The soundbites are all too familiar. Always talks about having the utmost respect for this guy and that guy. He is a master at handling the media and knows how to say the right thing.

I've really went off his face and scouse accent. I never thought I would be happy to see the back of him but I am now. I now see him as a bit of a phoney and narcissist.

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

“It’s final day delight for Dean Smith’s Norwich who gain an unexpected but deserved point at Spurs; a point which sees them leapfrog Aston Villa into 17th place to secure their Premier League status, while over in Manchester it’s a day of double misery for Steven Gerrard who’s Aston Villa side slump to a 3-0 defeat to champions Manchester City as they ‘slip’ into The Championship after three seasons in the Premier League…”

2A681C8A-5C60-4564-B880-5D81043718FE.jpeg

Genuinely embarrassing.