New Manager Thread - Poll Amended

ElBufalo20

Should We Remove The Poll?  

859 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice?

• Dan Deacon Has Ginger Pubes
    • No

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Bobo Glimt to Rangers is too big a step up in demand and expectation.

The thing that puts me off him is the fact that Ronny Deila and Solksjaer have both done well in that league :lol: 

Just now, Broxi said:

Norwegian champions to Scottish Champions is about as realistic as we might expect. Especially when he's done it with a club who had never won the league in Norway and now looks on course to do it back to back. Also performing well in Europe with that club as well, topping their ECL group with Roma in it. 

Fair enough if you don't fancy him but it's hardly a "ridiculous" shout. He's linked with the Norwich job as well.

Norwegian champions to Scottish champions isn't the problem, bobo glimt to Rangers is.

12 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

What abouy Gio with Arthur Numan and Michael Mols as his assistants / defensive and striking coaches.  Both love the club, were top top players who'd sell the club to any foreigners and believe Numan anyway still lives here.

Bring back the dutch connection

Isn't Numan a scout rather than a coach? Heck wasn't he at Villa at one point?

Just now, Bronzy said:

The thing that puts me off him is the fact that Ronny Deila and Solksjaer have both done well in that league :lol: 

The league doesn't put me off at all I think we should be showing more interest in those markets in general but him as manager is crazy talk.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Norwegian champions to Scottish champions isn't the problem, bobo glimt to Rangers is.

You would say the same about a St Johnstone if they weren't in our league. And yeah fair enough I don't want Callum Davidson either but he didn't lead them to the league title either. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Bringing in somebody who knows the club and expectations like Gio would be far less of a gamble, think whoever comes in has to have either played at or managed a big club and knows the expectations 

I would add has a knowledge of scottish football and has some proven success at management.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

You would say the same about a St Johnstone if they weren't in our league. And yeah fair enough I don't want Callum Davidson either but he didn't lead them to the league title either. 

Not really comparable since someone managing in this league will have a better grasp on what Rangers expect.

See for me, if Gio wants it fucking give him it!! No arsing about! His preferred style of football would make it an easy transition for the players! Full understanding of what’s required as well! Get it wrapped up and ready to prepare for Hampden! 

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Dutch journalist and friend of Gio on Sky Sports News says he wants the job. He “loves the club abs it’s in his heart”. Also said Gio has been to the club to see Gerrard and the set up when we played Feyenoord. Could be happening troops!

If it can be done quickly, then good. No time to piss about. But be under no illusions he will be after a gig down south. But if we get a season or 2 with success then win win.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

The league doesn't put me off at all I think we should be showing more interest in those markets in general but him as manager is crazy talk.

I just don’t like the Norwegian league tbh, something about it gives me the fear

Don’t mind the Danish, Swedish or Finnish leagues though

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Not really comparable since someone managing in this league will have a better grasp on what Rangers expect.

And that's fair enough, not saying you can't want him, but I think saying it's ridiculous/crazy is going a bit far. Really highly rated young manager who has achieved a lot already in what most would consider to be a natural stepping stone of a league up to ours.

We can either take a good manager from beneath us or a failing manager from above us. Gio seems to be that perfect middle ground but if it's not him then someone like Knutsen is perfectly realistic 

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

See for me, if Gio wants it fucking give him it!! No arsing about! His preferred style of football would make it an easy transition for the players! Full understanding of what’s required as well! Get it wrapped up and ready to prepare for Hampden! 

Interesting that Lampard's preferred formation is also 4-3-3.

Dyche I would take in a heartbeat to be honest. Miles ahead of anyone else on the list.

GVB fills every criteria, but just have this nagging voice in my head saying it will be a fucking disaster, but I dont know why!

Knudsen I dont trust. When cunts from these tiny teams start doing things like scudding Roma 6-0 it screams witchcraft to me. Its a fucking Progress Neidercorn result. Something that should not happen even if you stuck Pep and Jurgen in as a dream team. They will all of a sudden go from scudding Roma to getting knocked out convincingly by some team no one has heard of from Kazakhstan as soon as their magic wishes run out. Then you will never hear of the manager ever again.