OFFICIAL: Gio Appointed Manager

Broxi

Watched heart and hand podcast and they did an interview with a Feyenoord fan.

He said Gio got of to a great start but the football wasn’t great to watch, it became boring and predictable and in the end the fans were happy he left. 
Just hope he’s learned from his experience.

I haven't read the entire thread, so this might have been said before. Welcome back Gio. Good luck and I'm sure we'll fly under you. One one bit of advice is that we have a great system, through every level of the club, ingrained over the last three years.So no need to change it. Just keep it going and we'll be fine.

44 minutes ago, don logan said:

I haven't read the entire thread, so this might have been said before. Welcome back Gio. Good luck and I'm sure we'll fly under you. One one bit of advice is that we have a great system, through every level of the club, ingrained over the last three years.So no need to change it. Just keep it going and we'll be fine.

I'm sure he'll appreciate that mate. I think you may have just stopped him completely destroying the club there. 

Any word on who is coming with Gio other than Roy Makaay? Obviously there is talk about this coach in China but do we know of anyone else joining straight away? 

As we have quite a few spaces to fill in the support staff. If Gio isn’t bringing a whole team then I hope Wilson headhunts some quality sports scientists / set piece coach or whatever needs filled as they are almost as vital as Gerrard was in keeping the club at a professional level.

3 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Any word on who is coming with Gio other than Roy Makaay? Obviously there is talk about this coach in China but do we know of anyone else joining straight away? 

As we have quite a few spaces to fill in the support staff. If Gio isn’t bringing a whole team then I hope Wilson headhunts some quality sports scientists / set piece coach or whatever needs filled as they are almost as vital as Gerrard was in keeping the club at a professional level.

Seen something posted from the Atlantic a few pages back, the ex Holland physio is joining supposedly and somebody else too.

Edit- fuck knows who the Atlantic are :lol: meant Athletic

52 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Watched heart and hand podcast and they did an interview with a Feyenoord fan.

He said Gio got of to a great start but the football wasn’t great to watch, it became boring and predictable and in the end the fans were happy he left. 
Just hope he’s learned from his experience.

Not too surprised by this TBH , as we've just watched with Gerrard and at a lesser level , Warburton . Teams just shut up shop with no real ambition , and you're left looking for a bit of magic or luck to create an opening . Without knowing too much about his Feyenoord side , it did look as though they punched above their weight a bit whereas with us , if Gio leads us to the title this season it puts a big dent in the ability of our only realistic challengers for the title to compete . Hopefully , as you say he has learned lessons and would be better placed to recognize what we would require to evolve .

8 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

https://twitter.com/JordanC1107/status/1461427543316185088?s=20

7 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Analyst and physio have been named so off to a decent start already