*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

Just now, JograBear said:

Kamara has been immense since Gio came in. He seems to play much better when he is the anchor and not part of 2 sitting midfielders. 

He needs a really dominant midfielder beside him. He’s a lovely footballer but too timid

Just now, middli said:

This Gio interview is ringing alarm bells. Happy with a point. Played well first phase if second half. Not frustrated we didn't create chances for a second goal as we won't dominate every game. 

Looks like I'll be giving that one a miss. Hopefully nice and polite on camera but tearing the living shit out of them in the changing room and back in training first light tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, Johnsey said:

As bad as it was I'd have taken a draw and all wins from that tough fixture list. The Old Firm is massive but it's them that have now got to visit Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Livi etc. 

Pressure still on them. 

Very good point there.

4 hard away games and also us to play. 

Whole performance was poor but they were able to press us high up because we lost the midfield badly needed Aribo or Arfield in for Hagi. That’s Hagi in the 10 position and hasn’t shown enough to merit starting. Just thought that we might have changed formation and brought Lundstram (only real option to add a bit of strength in midfield) on for Hagi, Sakala for Wright and Itten for Sands and go two up top and use the wingers.   Nothing worked out for us tonight no real chances.
Aberdeen players went down every time we we near them to break up the game but we let them dictate the game. Clancy helped them a with their game plan but says more about him as a ref that it’s fully expected of him. 

Hopefully it’s just one of those nights against a team who up their game against us, and we bring in players to improve the squad/challenge the current players. Will need to see how respond after the game and hopefully just a blip. It could be a blip at the right time and ensure we get players in this window. 

9 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

You are clearly one of those weirdos that likes to be part of a Rangers forum instead of your own. I smell :taig:

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

Funny how you only appear when we fuck up isn't it. I'm far from a moron but I am a prick.

Apologies Bluekev, but I’m fuckin angry at our display. You can predict what games we struggle with  and this was a cert.  We’ve given the unwashed a confidence boost when we should have dominated this second rate mob.

we never matched them in the second half …that’s really poor

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Actually think Kent and Morelos were two of the only players who tried anything. Morelos was at them all night and got no support. Almost scored a worldie and Kent was always willing to run at them as well as his brilliant assist. Our lack of control and possession ment we couldn't get them the ball.

In the front 6 - Kent, Morelos, Aribo and Kamara are certs.

The other two positions continue to be a problem.

Even before Gio came we all thought we needed a RW and were light in middle of the park yet here we are.

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

This team won’t be though. Balogun + Helander will be back, Arfield fit, Jack available on the bench, Souttar signed (hopefully). 

We should only have Aribo missing. 

Hopefully a few more signings coming in of the required quality.

For me this team needs to find more than Arfield added from midfield forward for that game. The game is more of a worry than it was, for sure. 

I hope we can bring in another player or two.

2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

We need another proper central midfielder. Too often we’re looking weak/powderpuff there.

We’ve got real problems coming our way there. David, Arfield out of contact/almost past it, Jack fucked, Lundstram pish and the likes of Aribo and Kamara potentially going, this needs addressed fast

Yep totally agree. The midfield is a concern. We might scrape through this season if they all stay fit and available but thats never going to happen and as you point out Aribo and Kamara might leave.