*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

9 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

We'll need two players in I think, hopefully something different from what we've got I'm there.

It's got to be quailty coming in that can instantly go into the first team. 

RW a must. Not good enough down that side of the pitch using Wright or Hagi. 

We also need another midfielder. Badly missed Aribo and Arfield tonight.

Board will need to release some funds to make it happen. 

22 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I can see why we didn't press McCrorie and Bates fully. Both aren't great at passing (especially Bates, one of the worst CBs I've seen at passing) so it made sense to let them have the ball and close the channels off. But yeah, the rest of it, spot on.

I thought about this too. 

I'd agree had we not been struggling to get into the game.

Considering we clearly went for a counter attacking performance there should have been more pressure on the ball when they had it. 

Agree totally had we controlled the majority of possession and we were forcing their CBs to try and control the game/tempo/look for a pass. But that didn't happen in my opinion, we sat back at all the wrong times and had them pass through our midfield.  

None of the tactics made sense to me tonight because they contradicted each other. 

30 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I say Bacuna needs punted because clearly the manager thinks he's a worse option than Hagi. Given how badly Hagi is playing, that's damning. 

Personally, I'm verging on joining the get rid of Hagi camp. Doesn't do nearly enough at times.

I can't say there's one player I wouldn't let go. 

Even with the new manager we still look like Gerrard is in charge because we're still playing the same with players unable to do basics. Constantly nervous or something.

8 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Very good point there.

4 hard away games and also us to play. 

Aye but none of those teams will put in anything like the effort against them than they do against us. 
We are lacking quality. If we could play our strongest 11 week in week out we’d be fine but a few out and we are struggling. 
Aberdeen are shite but they just dug in - we offered absolutely nothing against a partnership of fucking Bates and McCrorie - hopeless 

9 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Gio going to get slaughtered for being happy with a point, but he is actually speaking the truth. There are going to be games where you play shit, games where you drop points. It's impossible to go through a season without dropping points. Tonight a couple were dropped, celtic will drop points. Just need to move on and make sure it's a while before any more are dropped. No point a gaffer panicking.

I get that, I just expected more especially for the blatant assaults on our players. I would prefer a point to none given how we played....just expected him to speak out about certain matters. Ah well..

Saying that...if shoe was on other foot and our players were getting away with it  I would relish it 🤣

Can't win haha....point it is! 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's got to quailty coming in that can instantly go into the first team. 

RW a must. Not good enough down that side of the pitch using Wright or Hagi. 

We also need another midfielder. Badly missed Aribo and Arfield tonight.

Board will need to release some funds to make it happen. 

That’s it - two starters - no more Bacunas and pish like that. Players that will actually make a difference 

Just now, psb07158 said:

I see everyone is getting it in the neck tonight

Lundstram was absolutely fine when he came on and won numerous challenges

Agreed, but the team intensity was missing especially second half, ( and actually not great in first half either)

This was a kind of cup final for us and we failed the test.

looking further ahead we’ve not improved the starting 11 during 2 windows (;so far ) ….our closest rivals have ….

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Aye but none of those teams will put in anything like the effort against them than they do against us. 
We are lacking quality. If we could play our strongest 11 week in week out we’d be fine but a few out and we are struggling. 
Aberdeen are shite but they just dug in - we offered absolutely nothing against a partnership of fucking Bates and McCrorie - hopeless 

Paranoid nonsense.

Hearts have already beaten them at Tynecastle.

As much as I like Kamara, it’s games like tonight where (with a new boy next to him) he should be controlling the middle, getting stuck in, breaking up play and making key passes. He is not that player and I’d take money for him if it meant strengthening that area.  I’d buy Ferguson, a bit of a prick, but it’s something that’s lacking in our middle and he’s better than what we have imo. 

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We have a few games that we dropped points in earlier in the season and Dundee away where we were fortunate to win tbf.

True but you'd rather our set of fixtures now. 

Just need cunts to stop chucking it early against them and they'll drop a few. 

Some twists and turns to come yet. 

9 minutes ago, Duncan campbell said:

Don’t post when you’re pished. You only make a right arse of yourself.

I'm not pissed mate, we get a lot of lurkers on here that only come out of the woodwork when we're a bit down on our luck such as posters who joined 2 1/2 years ago and only posted 4 times :whistle:

As far as I was aware, Sands played right-back or right side of a back three for NYC. He is clearly limited as a midfielder. Sure, he kept it simple and is good in possession but that game needed more.

I would rather see McCann or Lowry in an emergency situation like tonight than shoehorn players or play Lundstram.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Actually done with the retards on here. 

We have a board with no clue, deep in debt and living off an ex managers legacy. 

Enjoy the wake up call that will be coming, I won't. 

No surprised who liked this, and the Morelos/Hagi post.

Couple of fucking idiots.

Disappointed in you Brian

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Actually done with the retards on here. 

We have a board with no clue, deep in debt and living off an ex managers legacy. 

Enjoy the wake up call that will be coming, I won't. 

The OF game will be the marker of whether you're right about this or not.

13 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Wow...

I'm disappointed. Expected more bite from Gio. Always expect Tav to go down the nice nice route, but had expected more from Gio. 

Hopefully what he says on camera  won't reflect on what he says in the dressing room. 

His interview was like our play.. too nice, no fire in the belly

He won’t rouse the troops like that.