*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

21 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Not overly convinced with Gio's post match tbh. Draws and performances like that don't win you titles.

Let's just hope it's a public front.

A point at Pittodrie missing half a team is hardly a devastating result for our title hopes. 

Far from happy with the performance tonight but you’d think we never dropped points under Smith, Advocaat, and McLeish the way some go on.

Just now, Bears r us said:

Agree about the card, Alfie was done by the rules, he could do no more than he did.

I have to admit that I never heard any of what Walker said in the second half, I never turned the sound on after lowering it during the first 45min. I also never realised the ball moved, was it very much and was it mentioned at the end? 

Wise move - wish I’d thought of that.

Would have saved me getting vocal & a ticking off from Mrs HG5…

I guess it was windy, but the ball rolled back about 12 - 18 inches towards Ferguson as he ran in to take it.

Walker highlighted it at the time - he may have said it should have been retaken, but I lost focus when he started praising Ferguson’s concentration & accuracy when faced with this moving ball…

20 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Hopefully the gaffer has been given some food for thought now he's seen us tonight, you are correct about us being light in midfield, let's hope the board are seeing this too and we get a couple of quality players in.

We need to get players out the door first....

Ludacrious contracts and years given to bakers, hasties, bacunas, lundstrums, simpsons cannot happen anymore.

Just now, Creampuff said:

A point at Pittodrie missing half a team is hardly a devastating result for our title hopes. 

Far from happy with the performance tonight but you’d think we never dropped points under Smith, Advocaat, and McLeish the way some go on.

I’m gutted with the performance tonight but over the last few weeks I’ve been listening to the H&H podcasts going over when Walter returned. It’s reminded me about the amount of turgid performances and draws along the way to our 3iar which is probably helping me not get too upset tonight. 

16 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Tonight's poor refereeing performance (whilst not the main reason we dropped points) has been coming.

The constant pressure from hack soap dodgers media and others in its desperation to stop us has paid off. Incredible timing that several media outlets were sharing the recent stats yesterday about us being top of the penalties received tree, albeit missing out that we are constantly in the opponent's box.

Tbh the poor refereeing got us a point, McGregor shoulda been off n a pen to Aberdeen, your down to 10 n potentially 1 down after 15/20mins

He got everything wrong

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Isn't it automatic to be retaken based on the rule book? What is the actual ruling on that? Can't remember ever seeing that before.

Think you’ll see any set piece taken with a moving ball get retaken, even goalkicks.

3 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Tbh the poor referring got us a point, McGregor shoulda been off n a pen to Aberdeen, your down to 10 n potentially 1 down after 15/20mins

Are you fucking joking?

Aside from the fact it wasn’t a sending off

1- Hayes wasn’t carded

2- Brown wasn’t second yellow carded

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

Tbh the poor refereeing got us a point, McGregor shoulda been off n a pen to Aberdeen, your down to 10 n potentially 1 down after 15/20mins

He got everything wrong

It would have been a penalty and booking at worst (except for Clancy who would have made it a red because it was us).

23 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Not only that, also the way he just accepted Kent’s ludicrous sending off.

Needs to get a bit of the Alex Ferguson’s about him and not let cunts like Clancy off the hook.

That’s not making excuses for our sub standard performance.

From the Rangers TV post match interview it sounds like he hasn't seen the Kent incidents again.

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

To be fair after seeing that its midfielders we do need. Just not like the ones we already have, ones who can actually make things happen. By fuck it cant be over stated how big a miss Aribo and even Arfield are. 

No it's still strikers we have Aribo and Arfield and Davis to come back in but the strikers are the weak link.

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Wise move - wish I’d thought of that.

Would have saved me getting vocal & a ticking off from Mrs HG5…

I guess it was windy, but the ball rolled back about 12 - 18 inches towards Ferguson as he ran in to take it.

Walker highlighted it at the time - he may have said it should have been retaken, but I lost focus when he started praising Ferguson’s concentration & accuracy when faced with this moving ball…

I decided to look away when he took it so missed that, no chance Clancy would have made him take it again, unless he missed. 

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

You don't think that's a penalty n a red card?? 100% you can't fly out like that n not make contact with the ball n expect to get away with it

You are absolutely at it. Jesus wept.

Aye ok, Clancy got us a point. 🤪🤣

Care to mention Hayes elbow or the goading Brown didn’t get a yellow card for? Or the rolling ball?

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

You are absolutely at it. Jesus wept.

Aye ok, Clancy got us a point. 🤪🤣

Care to mention Hayes elbow or the goading Brown didn’t get a yellow card for? Or the rolling ball?

Ano all that, but all tht happened after the McGregor incident which he got wrong n it woulda left us with a right up hill task.

I am convinced Clancy is at it aswell ( but a cant believe he didn't make that call on McGregor it was an easy decision)

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

From the Rangers TV post match interview it sounds like he hasn't seen the Kent incidents again.

In that case the sensible thing to say is I’ll make comment once I’ve had a better look at the incidents.

Then once he has he should hammer the ref for his incompetency.

6 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Ano all that, but all tht happened after the McGregor incident which he got wrong n it woulda left us with a right up hill task.

I am convinced Clancy is at it aswell ( but a cant believe he didn't make that call on McGregor it was an easy decision)

There was minimal contact if at all and their player was already spinning to look for a penalty. Watch it again.

However I’m amazed he didn’t give it, but not because it was a penalty