*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

I think Gio has set his stall in these "bigger" away games. Much more cautious, much more willing to counter which is fine especially when you consider out record at Easter rd, Pittodrie and Tynecastle over the last few years.

Which gives me confidence is that all those fixtures are done until the split out with celtic of course. I fully expect to see us use more of the home approach we've seen under Gio at Ross County, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone etc. I think Livingston he showed he's willing to do that.

I think we struggled more tonight as oppose to the other two games because we missed one or both of our number 8s (Aribo & Arfield). We seen at Easter Road we were cautious, tired them out with possession with Kamara, Davis & Aribo then later on brought on Arfield to be a bit more adventurous. At Tynecastle we played both but were still willing to play on the counter.

It's clear that another number 8 is needed asap

6 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Ano all that, but all tht happened after the McGregor incident which he got wrong n it woulda left us with a right up hill task.

I am convinced Clancy is at it aswell ( but a cant believe he didn't make that call on McGregor it was an easy decision)

It really isn't a pen. That's genuinely the only call clancy got right 

16 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If tonight proved anything it is that we don't have any real strength in depth.    

I think we do in general but clearly the change to how Gio wants his midfield and how Gerrard did is very different. We basically built a squad for a manager who likes to play with two 6s along with two, sometimes 3 "10s". 

Now we have a manager who prefers two "8s" and two wingers. We need to address that ASAP especially in the middle with Aribo away and Arfield out. 

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

I think Gio has set put his stall in these "bigger" away games. Much more cautious, much more willing to counter which is fine especially when you consider out record at Easter rd, Pittodrie and Tynecastle over the last few years.

Which gives me confidence is that all those fixtures are done until the split out with celtic of course. I fully expect to see us use more of the home approach we've seen under Gio at Ross County, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone etc. I think Livingston he should he's willing to do that.

I think we struggled more tonight as oppose to the other two games because we missed one or both of our number 8s (Aribo & Arfield). We seen at Easter Road we were cautious, tired them out with possession with Kamara, Davis & Aribo then later on brought on Arfield to be a bit more adventurous. At Tynecastle we played both but were still willing to play on the counter.

It's clear that another number 8 is needed asap

Doesn’t matter the tactics if the players can’t hold on to the ball and at least match the opposition for effort.

49 minutes ago, The true baller said:

Right aye shite night but panty wetters calm down. 4 points clear and we have their number in OF games these days. I'm more than confident until the day that changes. Would agree we need a RW though

See that patter on Follow Follow all the time, always found it creepy. 

15 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Ano all that, but all tht happened after the McGregor incident which he got wrong n it woulda left us with a right up hill task.

I am convinced Clancy is at it aswell ( but a cant believe he didn't make that call on McGregor it was an easy decision)

How was it an easy decision? He’s 40 yards away and sees a player knock a ball past a keeper then going down, with minimal if any contact. Its about the only major decision he got right! 

We would have won that game on the 29th with a different team and momentum clearly on our side.

Can't be arsed talking about the conspiracies in length but bringing the break forward curbed our momentum and allowed them to regroup when they were clearly on a downslide.

2 minutes ago, WWTC said:

How was it an easy decision? He’s 40 yards away and sees a player knock a ball past a keeper then going down, with minimal if any contact. Its about the only major decision he got right! 

It’s normally an easy decision for Kevin Fuckin Clancy.

Tough watch that tonight. Kent never should have got one yellow , never mind two. Some absolutely piss poor refereeing from Clancy but we just didn’t perform like we can. They had more fight and given us going down to ten men and never in the game second half,  a draw was a fair result . Still 4 points ahead 🔴⚪️🔵💪

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Doesn’t matter the tactics if the players can’t hold on to the ball and at least match the opposition for effort.

Of course it does. If we played them in December we still would not have pressed them just like we didnt at Hibs or Hearts.

We missed 3 important players who effected one or both of those games positively  from midfield in Aribo, Arfield and Davis. 3 players who effect how we keep the ball. Tonight we had Kamara who is a constant along with Sands and Hagi which leaves us completely disjointed which led to our poor ball retention. The only other options were Lundstram who is hardly known for his ball retention and Bacuna (who I'd like to seeas an 8) that clearly isn't trusted.

Effort always gets brought up after a bad result. I don't think our players lacked effort tonight.

The fact is that we were well outplayed and fortunate to get a point. We had a midfield consisting of one man,Kamara. The players looked as if they had never seen a football and did not know how to use it.I have never seen so many misplaced passes for years.

Aberdeen certainly got the better of the McCrorie/Wright deal and controlled  most of the game. Hard to judge Sands who looked shell shocked at the aggression and combating nature of the game and disappeared in the second half. We need midfielders back soon or the rest of the month will be hard.

Probably been asked but does Kent miss the celtic game? 

Hopefully we can shift a few players to make room for some arrivals. I think Souttar is a cert to join in Jan now. Hoepfully we can add a midfielder and some pace on the wing. Wright wasn't having the greatest game but bringing Lundstram on instead of Sakala killed any hope of the counter which was our whole set up. 

Just now, Johnsey said:

Probably been asked but does Kent miss the celtic game? 

Hopefully we can shift a few players to make room for some arrivals. I think Souttar is a cert to join in Jan now. Hoepfully we can add a midfielder and some pace on the wing. Wright wasn't having the greatest game but bringing Lundstram on instead of Sakala killed any hope of the counter which was our whole set up. 

No, he misses Livi but is back available after that

Only way a player misses a game v them through suspension at this stage is a red card for violent conduct v Livi or any sending off / totting up yellow v Ross County as that would be a minimum of a 1 match ban I believe

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

The first booking for the two players Clancy had the yellow card out before he reached them and neither player should have been booked.  Second yellow wasn't even a foul.  Brown should have been booked for simulation.

Yup. its also a matter of concern whether they should have had their penalty. Alfie was clearly trying to move his arm away from the incoming ball. Very soft indeed. Clancy was a total disgrace. Why wasn't Brown booked for his blatant gesticulating at Kent being sent off. The officials were farcical.