*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

Brown was booked fairly early on then spent the rest of the game trying to provoke , squaring up to players and getting in Clancy’s face at every decision. 

Only player in the league that gets off without a second yellow. 

Lost count of the times I’ve seen Alfie booked for asking the ref a question never mind screaming at them every 2 minutes.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Indeed mate.

In the midst of all the other mayhem & dubious yellow cards (for us, at least), I thought it was harsh booking Alf for the penalty - it looked as if he was trying to move his arm out the way when it hit him, so the award should have been sufficient.

And what bullshit from Aldi Wanker, about Ferguson keeping his concentration while striking the moving ball?

It was an illegal kick!!! & should have been retaken - may not have made a difference, but you never know.

Clancy would have made tav retake that kick no doubt

10 minutes ago, Eyemouthger said:

Yup. its also a matter of concern whether they should have had their penalty. Alfie was clearly trying to move his arm away from the incoming ball. Very soft indeed. Clancy was a total disgrace. Why wasn't Brown booked for his blatant gesticulating at Kent being sent off. The officials were farcical. 

You imagine Morelos doing this to brown as he ran off, automatic booking

11 minutes ago, Eyemouthger said:

Yup. its also a matter of concern whether they should have had their penalty. Alfie was clearly trying to move his arm away from the incoming ball. Very soft indeed. Clancy was a total disgrace. Why wasn't Brown booked for his blatant gesticulating at Kent being sent off. The officials were farcical. 

It was a clear penalty under the current rules

Obviously it's harsh, Morelos doesn't really know much about it, but ultimately his arm is out by his side and the ball hits it. It doesn't matter if he is trying to move his hand away, he still clearly handballed it

39 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Of course it does. If we played them in December we still would not have pressed them just like we didnt at Hibs or Hearts.

We missed 3 important players who effected one or both of those games positively  from midfield in Aribo, Arfield and Davis. 3 players who effect how we keep the ball. Tonight we had Kamara who is a constant along with Sands and Hagi which leaves us completely disjointed which led to our poor ball retention. The only other options were Lundstram who is hardly known for his ball retention and Bacuna (who I'd like to seeas an 8) that clearly isn't trusted.

Effort always gets brought up after a bad result. I don't think our players lacked effort tonight.

You’re missing my point, you can be the best tactician in the world but you’ll struggle if too many individual players underperform as happened tonight.

As for effort, the players put in effort but in my opinion they didn’t match the opposition.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

It was a clear penalty under the current rules

Obviously it's harsh, Morelos doesn't really know much about it, but ultimately his arm is out by his side and the ball hits it. It doesn't matter if he is trying to move his hand away, he still clearly handballed it

Tbh if it happens in their box I’d be wanting a penalty, it’s not a booking though but Clancy cant help himself when it comes to alfie

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Tbh if it happens in their box I’d be wanting a penalty, it’s not a booking though but Clancy cant help himself when it comes to alfie

It's never, ever a booking in a million years but Clancy is a prick

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

I think Gio has set his stall in these "bigger" away games. Much more cautious, much more willing to counter which is fine especially when you consider out record at Easter rd, Pittodrie and Tynecastle over the last few years.

Which gives me confidence is that all those fixtures are done until the split out with celtic of course. I fully expect to see us use more of the home approach we've seen under Gio at Ross County, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone etc. I think Livingston he showed he's willing to do that.

I think we struggled more tonight as oppose to the other two games because we missed one or both of our number 8s (Aribo & Arfield). We seen at Easter Road we were cautious, tired them out with possession with Kamara, Davis & Aribo then later on brought on Arfield to be a bit more adventurous. At Tynecastle we played both but were still willing to play on the counter.

It's clear that another number 8 is needed asap

What you say is interesting because I don't feel the same about that.

I think we played a whole different way at Tynecastle under van Bronckhorst than today against the sheep. Absolutely everything was better vs Hearts, runs, passing, desire, finishing... Sometimes I feel Gio is more pragmatic, sometimes we look more dangerous and sharp.

24 minutes ago, NI said:

What you say is interesting because I don't feel the same about that.

I think we played a whole different way at Tynecastle under van Bronckhorst than today against the sheep. Absolutely everything was better vs Hearts, runs, passing, desire, finishing... Sometimes I feel Gio is more pragmatic, sometimes we look more dangerous and sharp.

Cause it was different we had the players (Aribo and Arfield) to make the runs and finish off chances like Aribo did. The way we play with them two makes us pass the ball better because we're tighter where as tonight we were disjointed.

I think Hearts looked more cautious cause we went two up so early. I'd agree there was probably more in common with easter rd  and tonight than Tynecastle. Even at that we still had Aribo and Davis starting and Arfield coming off the bench at Hibs

21 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

You’re missing my point, you can be the best tactician in the world but you’ll struggle if too many individual players underperform as happened tonight.

As for effort, the players put in effort but in my opinion they didn’t match the opposition.

I think we're just not agreeing on what's more to fault tonight.

I think it was the system after the change to bring on Lundstram for Wright which took away half our width and numbed our attacking threat. This in turn gave Aberdeen more encouragement to get forward. It put our only central creative player out wide in Hagi which meant Alfie had to drop deeper to get the ball and then let Aberdeen double up on Kent. As soon as we brought Sakala on we were a threat again before Kent got wrongly sent off!

Individuals were put in a position were they couldn't perform at their best.

24 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Did big Ced get a kick off the baw tonight?

I remember that happened to me once (I was on for 6 minutes!) and I had to buy the first round in the bar afterwards because I didn't get a sniff. ☹️

Brought him on in the 88th minute mate. Don’t even know if touched the baw. 

13 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

13 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He did, atleast one lay off i can remember. 

To be honest, we stole a point there. It was always going to be a difficult game, but we should have handled it much better. We lost the physical battle which is a worry and we’re outfought all over the pitch. I’m not hitting the panic button yet because I think we will get back on track quickly. However, some players need to up their game e.g. Kent, Wright and Hagi in particular. On the plus side, i thought we defended well for the most part and the penalty was a bit unlucky. A bad day at the office but we move on still 4 points clear with a lot of difficult away games out of the road. 

5 hours ago, kirkiebear said:

Brown was booked fairly early on then spent the rest of the game trying to provoke , squaring up to players and getting in Clancy’s face at every decision. 

Only player in the league that gets off without a second yellow. 

Lost count of the times I’ve seen Alfie booked for asking the ref a question never mind screaming at them every 2 minutes.

Did the cunt not applaud his own booking too ? Should have been a second yellow for that. The refs are bad in Scotland but that last night was beyond belief. Clancy should be embarrassed watching that back

Poor performance but can’t afford many more like that. 
Bassey has done a job but we need either Balogun or preferably Helander back ASAP. Missing Aribo is huge and Kamara needs a real vocal dominant midfielder beside him - as much as he’s a lovely player he is too timid - someone to get in about people and stir things up would let Kamara flourish. Midfield is a real problem Davis has seen his best days, Jack still seems a good bit away if ever, Hagi is too inconsistent and Arfield is too slow. Lundstrum needs moved on and Bacuna is a waste of a wage. 
We create fuck all from the middle of the park and haven’t for some time - this needs addressed pronto - and for fuck sake someone give Tav and GVB a shake - their interviews were embarrassing - timid as fuck and happy with a point after being one up against a pish Aberdeen. Need to get a major grip on things before Feb 

I just hate that mob so much as that is as good as a win for them

under Stevie would we have come away with the point ? Prob not.

on reflection lucky to come away with the point 

4pts ahead still we move on to the next one and smash a few goals in and last night is forgotten about 

if we come out of the OF Game 4 pts ahead would be good 

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

Did the cunt not applaud his own booking too ? Should have been a second yellow for that. The refs are bad in Scotland but that last night was beyond belief. Clancy should be embarrassed watching that back

Clancy won't be embarrassed, he'll be thinking I fucked up, I could have given them a pen in the first half too, apart from that I got away with it again