*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I wondered at the time of the sending of if they’d range the old Barney where both players get yellow carded, then fake a late tackle/instigate another incident to get him sent off.

Clancy was always sending one of us off.........

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A goal, that’s it. That’ll keep him going until the end of the season now

Too many players get by with flitting in and out - Hagi is one, for me.

Also shocked to hear that was Kent’s 2nd SPL assist of the season.

Should have taken him off after the goal, as he (statistically) wasn’t going to do anything else & would have saved the suspension.

Suppose that’ll kick in on Feb 4th…??

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The first booking for the two players Clancy had the yellow card out before he reached them and neither player should have been booked.  Second yellow wasn't even a foul.  Brown should have been booked for simulation.

Good point.

Will the compliance officer step in and ban Brown for simulation /cheating? (No laughing at the back…)

1 minute ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

I was incensed when I saw it and started shouting and swearing at the telly. The officiating was horrendous up until that point, but that tipped me over the edge. I saw that Borna’s nose was gushing with blood afterwards yet he was told to get up and got on with it. No protection from the officials at all. These rancid cheating bastards should be called out for that.

Hayes had two goes at it, yet escaped any punishment.

44 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

It wasn't that the sheep raised their game, it was more we settled and sat back hoping to hit on the counter, we were well short tonight on the basics which I'm flabbergasted at.

I felt we did not try to play football and got sucked in to what they wanted, a scrap, with a ref who was willing to give them a helping hand.

Whatever way we look at it we were were poor and it was just the same as we have been after winter breaks before, I did not expect that this time Gio in control, maybe the players slipped back to old ways themselves.

3 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Just watched back clips of Kent’s 2 yellows. Simply cheating…nothing more, nothing less. Not in a month of Sundays was either a yellow. Hayes gets in Kent’s face for the first and the second there is no contact whatsoever.

Embarassing from Hayes, Brown and Clancy. All 3 should hang their heads in shame after their antics tonight.

5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Hayes elbow in Bornas face in front of the linesman was the biggest joke.....

Think he elbowed Borna twice at that incedent. 

Brutally bad ref withstanding I pine for the days when hayes would have been cleaned out for that next tackle. Fuck all happened to the cunt.

And agreed, Kent's 2 yellows, fucking hell :lol: just surprised we're not playing savco next.

4 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Too many players get by with flirting in and out - Hagi is one, for me.

Also shocked to hear that was Kent’s 2nd SPL assist of the season.

Should have taken him off after the goal, as he (statistically) wasn’t going to do anything else & would have saved the suspension.

Suppose that’ll kick in on Feb 4th…??

Next week he’ll miss mate

Just now, Bears r us said:

I felt we did not try to play football and got sucked in to what they wanted, a scrap, with a ref who was willing to give them a helping hand.

Whatever way we look at it we were were poor and it was just the same as we have been after winter breaks before, I did not expect that this time Gio in control, maybe the players slipped back to old ways themselves.

Yep that kind of performance was always lurking at the back of my mind because of the break, I had hoped for much better from everyone involved tonight, we have this thing of not starting in the proper manner and when we do it usually haunts us threw the rest of the game, the gaffers tactics tonight we're found wanting for the first time too imo.

43 minutes ago, Smile said:

We should have but he decided to sit off them and let them play their way into the game.

Why do we buy so many midfielders when we need strikers?

Apart from the goal which they both played a part in, Kent and Wright had very little impact as far as making chances for Alfie I thought.

Kamara for some reason was poor, Sands I thought was not bad for a debut in such a difficult game, Hagi was brilliant for his goal, but did very little else.

It was a shite night as far as keeping the 6 point gap is concerned.  

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Yep that kind of performance was always lurking at the back of my mind because of the break, I had hoped for much better from everyone involved tonight, we have this thing of not starting in the proper manner and when we do it usually haunts us threw the rest of the game, the gaffers tactics tonight we're found wanting for the first time too imo.

Cannot disagree with any of that, I am sure Gio will look back at that and probably think things should have been done different. It does just show how light we are in midfield when we have a few injuries. 

14 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I'm not pissed mate, we get a lot of lurkers on here that only come out of the woodwork when we're a bit down on our luck such as posters who joined 2 1/2 years ago and only posted 4 times :whistle:

I don’t think we’re down on our luck. I read this every day but you’re right that I don’t post really as I just enjoy reading the content rather than saying much. I thought your post that I referred to was insulting and derogatory to a fellow bear. We all want the same thing on here and need to keep the heid! Also, i at least always use my real name on the few occasions I do post. 💙🤍❤️

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Apart from the goal which they both played a part in, Kent and Wright had very little impact as far as making chances for Alfie I thought.

Kamara for some reason was poor, Sands I thought was not bad for a debut in such a difficult game, Hagi was brilliant for his goal, but did very little else.

It was a shite night as far as keeping the 6 point gap is concerned.  

Much as I saw it Bru!

Felt sorry for Sands - didn’t think he did too badly & was growing into it, when everybody else got sucked into the scrap & were too busy struggling with their own games, never mind easing him into it.