*****The Official Rangers v Hearts Match Thread*****

graeme_4

48 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Too busy salivating over β€˜the Green Brigades best bits’ on YouTube

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

41 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

A very pleasing scoreline.

Overall there are definitely still areas of improvement, none more so than our defensive structure, but the implementation of Jack & Lundstram to hold had benefits.Β 

Those two and Morelos were outstanding today - shout out to Balogun as well.Β 

Kent needs to take his chance. Kamara needs to do what he did today more often. Bassey needs to positionally be more aware.Β 

But most importantly we need consistency. We cannot go from Wednesday night, to today and then back to a performance similar to Wednesday night.Β 

Agree with this. Bassey had a few moments where he let the ball bounce and just completely lost positional sense. That needs to improve. Hearts could have had a couple of goals when we were only one up. Got lucky a couple of times. What I will take away from that game is that we were fighting for everything.. it was amazing to see. Hopefully the players realise that they need to do this in every game from now on. Do that and we destroy teams.

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Must admit I questioned that team Gio put out today, but by fuck I’m glad he did. Great performance and a resounding win. Well done Gaffer.Β 

that makes wed so bafflingΒ  you must have 2 proper midfield playersΒ  jack should have started balugen as wellΒ  no way was the young winger ready for a game like wedΒ  Β but today showed what we already knewΒ  we need morelos

Β 

1 hour ago, soulboy said:

We need to win 13 from 13 to win the league as let's face it no cunt is taking points of paedo fc except us. After that performance today there is now hope that we can do it.

Feel like this is going to be a proper title race. There will be more twists in this. I don't buy that lot winning every game and the same for us points will get dropped.

We just need to make sure today becomes the consistent level we produce.Β 

It was a very strong performance and loved the attitude from everyone. JL was a surprise inclusion but did very well considering his lack of game time.....remember he was a strong performer when Gerrard was here and we were struggling.

My only concern was the defence and our shape in the first half. Tav was leaving his man wide open. If we played the scum today then they likely pull us apart. But our offensive play was really good and great to see Alfie Kent and Arfield linking up. Jack and Arfield together is such a big difference.Β 

Great result today.

Thought we played better 1st half than 2nd but were more clinical in 2nd, with some great goals.

Hopefully a couple of assists helps Kent confidence.

Alfie once again showing how important he is not just with goals but all round play.

Nice to see some intensity and aggression in midfield from Lundstram, Jack, Arfield and Aribo all get in a foot in.

Only negative was the set inflicted mistakes leading to two opportunities for them.

Similar level of performance and result for midweek please.

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'd take that if it was just after the game pal. It went on for nearly 5 days. If you're trying to justify fans tuning out and declaring them champions with 1 fucking point in it then I'm tuning out.

Point behind and people were talking about how we’d struggle to get back into the title race, despite us still being in the title race πŸ˜‚

2 hours ago, soulboy said:

We need to win 13 from 13 to win the league as let's face it no cunt is taking points of paedo fc except us. After that performance today there is now hope that we can do it.

I think there will be some more twist and turns to comeΒ 

We expecting a slog today, but we did everything we should have done mid-week. Aggressive, brave and won the battles - then let the football ability take over.Β 
Β 

Morelos was MOTM, but big shout outs for Balogun, Jack and Lundstram too. An aggression and physicality that we’d missed.Β 

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Great reaction RangersΒ 

Strap yourself in because this is going to the wire.

It's a case of you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Morelos makes this team tick, his contribution to games has been sorely missed, as has Ryan Jack written off by many due to injuries but what a player we have if he stays fit.

Hope we go and hammer the other spoon burners on wed by similar scoreline now tbh

I wrote Jack off before he came back but now pinning my hopes on him staying fit for the season, if we are winning the title he will be vital in doing so, usually Lundstrams biggest critic but outside of Morelos he was my MOTM, thought they both complimented each other really well.Β 

Bassey had a few moments defensively but Kevin de Bruyne would be proud of his pass into Kent for the 1st goal, for now though we are going to have to find a way to compensate for Basseys lack of aerial ability.Β